Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mermaids in The Sims 4

Here I will list some of my ideas for mermaids in The Sims 4. Feel free to comment your suggestions or ideas for them down below as well! Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    thegirlygamerxthegirlygamerx Posts: 87 Member
    edited September 2015
    Personally I really loved mermaids in The Sims 3, but I also kinda wish they could be sirens. Maybe they could be a different type of mermaid, or maybe it could just be a trait/skill or something like that. I think it would be pretty cool if it could be a skill, because then they could build on it. Like when they first tried, they wouldn't be very good at it and wouldn't attract any boats/sailors, but as there skill got better they could attract more sailors and boats. I think it would be cool if they could use there power for good or evil. They could sing to attract men for romance or (maybe only sims with the evil/mean triat?) could sing to attract the boats to rocks and destroy them, causing to kill/injure the sims on deck, and destroy their boat. I don't know, I just thought it would be a cool idea. Thoughts?
    Post edited by thegirlygamerx on
  • Options
    thegirlygamerxthegirlygamerx Posts: 87 Member
    Another thing I think we should get is baby slings for the baby mermaids. Like the mom mermaids can swim around with the baby mermaids in their slings. It would be so cute! And the slings could be decorated with like seashells and stuff. I'd love that! And maybe the babies could have tails or at least scaly legs? I don't know, I just think the baby mermaids need to embrace their mermaid side a little more!
  • Options
    XIQAHNAR1NIXXIQAHNAR1NIX Posts: 29 New Member
    I loved mermaids so much!!! Was hoping they would come back, if so maybe they could have more mermaidish traits on land such as perhaps they can be more alluring or something?
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    this is what I'd like for them

Mermaid, Mer Octopus/squid
    different tail customizations like a dorsal fin.
    I want my sim to be a young male version of Ursula, So that would be cool
    Underwater lots, grottos, ruins.

in the mechanics of Changing from mermaid to human it should be something like this:

High tides and low tides, if I remember the mythology correctly, on the lowest tide mermaids are granted with the gift to walk on land, and when hightailed returns they must return to the sea.
    in order for mersims to shift from human to mermaid freely, they need to obtain one of three items:
    A: a bracelet, that gives you a tail, simply wear it and you'll shift, remove it to turn back into a human. craft it, Find a Sorcerer to enchant it for you or if you are a Sorcerer you must unlock the enchanting ability.
    B: a Sharktooth necklace same deal with the bracelet craft it, enchant it, a you will be able to roam land and sea at will.
    C: Find the all powerful Trident with it you can turn your self and others into Sea creatures of all varieties. it also emits a gold light, end deals lighting and water spells and summon storms.

or maybe a fourth option, is to craft potions if you have the magical ability as a Sorcerer/Fairy.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    rochelimitrochelimit Posts: 777 Member
    these are not original, but would be nice to have features that enable simmer to create Ariel, Triton, Ursula... so crown, tridents, etc.
    sims3updates_cas_19900_1_L.jpg
    sims3updates_cas_19900_2_L.jpg
    sims3updates_cas_19900_3_L.jpg
  • Options
    LyricAiLoveLyricAiLove Posts: 54 Member
    Besides Alien we haven't gotten any new life states so a mermaid would be great right now. I'm hoping for something like mermaids, fairies, of course vampires, and perhaps other mythological creatures. <3
    <3 I'm believing you and I can do anything, we can change the world
  • Options
    PiscesCardinalePiscesCardinale Posts: 108 Member
    bring on the mermaids!
    Gold Saint of Pisces
    nlaauh.jpg
  • Options
    Petarce123Petarce123 Posts: 493 Member
    If we ever get mermaids I thing that they will look like this.Because The Sims 4 Graphics remind me of Barbie so much!
    And I love it!!! :)
    Sorry for the blur picture!!!

bx8qDGt.png
    I want Seasons and Island Paradise for The Sims 4!

• Options
    0Chloe0Chloe Posts: 1,922 Member
    If anyone's interested, brendantheesimmer is actually working on a mermaid animation.

http://brendantheesimmer8900.tumblr.com
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    There is no way mermaids in Sims 4 will be playable. What mermaid could live in a river?
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    There is no way mermaids in Sims 4 will be playable. What mermaid could live in a river?

There are oceans and leaks too! :)

• Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Petarce123 wrote: »

So FX mermaids then.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    Besides Alien we haven't gotten any new life states so a mermaid would be great right now. I'm hoping for something like mermaids, fairies, of course vampires, and perhaps other mythological creatures. <3

Werewolves are cool. :neutral:
  • Options

So FX mermaids then.

And CAS mermaids we can play. :)
  • Options
    Tarruvi wrote: »

So FX mermaids then.

If they add mermaids that look similar to Barbie mermaids I will be the happiest person!!! :)

• Options

So FX mermaids then.

If they add mermaids that look similar to Barbie mermaids I will be the happiest person!!! :)

Omg! We will be able to make the best mermaids!
  • Options

So FX mermaids then.

I would like to see baby mermaids,kids mermaids and toddlers(if they add them) mermaids!
    Not like in the sims 3 where our sims can be mermaid if they are teens or above! :)

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

So FX mermaids then.

They could add underwater lots and a swimable beach TS2 style I would be super duper happy! :)
    If we ever get mermaids I thing that they will look like this.Because The Sims 4 Graphics remind me of Barbie so much!

bx8qDGt.png

Like these?

latest?cb=20130217023343

Well I do like the "accessories" on the tails and the ombre scale colours :) Also the fin variety! Mermaids in TS4 could be like the aliens in TS4, both having multiple variations of genetics. Aliens have multiple different eyes and fun skin colors, mermaids could have different fins and also tail colors.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

So FX mermaids then.

I would like to see baby mermaids,kids mermaids and toddlers(if they add them) mermaids!
    Not like in the sims 3 where our sims can be mermaid if they are teens or above! :)

baby mermaids would be an awesome ideea,i was waiting for them in sims 3 too ,let's hope they bring them in sims 4
    Gold Saint of Pisces
    nlaauh.jpg
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

So FX mermaids then.

They could add underwater lots and a swimable beach TS2 style I would be super duper happy! :)

bx8qDGt.png

Like these?

latest?cb=20130217023343

Well I do like the "accessories" on the tails and the ombre scale colours :) Also the fin variety! Mermaids in TS4 could be like the aliens in TS4, both having multiple variations of genetics. Aliens have multiple different eyes and fun skin colors, mermaids could have different fins and also tail colors.

i really love the design it would be really great
    Gold Saint of Pisces
    nlaauh.jpg
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

So FX mermaids then.

bx8qDGt.png

Like these?

latest?cb=20130217023343

Exactly like that! :)

• Options
    LordDarthSimsLordDarthSims Posts: 1,306 Member
    I hope mermen will be classed as mermen not mermaids, seriously
  • Options
    GoodSirGoodSir Posts: 1 New Member
    I'd really like to see some wearable dorsal fins that attach to my Sim's back. Like, some dolphin or shark-style ones that match the flesh tone, and maybe some goldfish-style ones, or whatever, that match the tail tones.