Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ceiling Tiles (Sims 3)

I posted a similar question for the Sims 4 game, but I also can't figure out how to recolor ceiling tiles in Sims 3. Please, help! LOL
epngF25.png
It's up to Nancy!
My YouTube!

Comments

• Options
    MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    You have to get the camera pointed up to where you can see them then use floor tiles on them far as I know
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I believe toy jist put up the walls and tilt yoy camera up. I am not sure because I don't do it often... I forget it's even an option.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I've done that, and haven't been able to recolor them. I wanted to make a really ornate ceiling for my art museum. I know I've seen other people to do it. Oh, well. LOL
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited January 2016
    Under floor tiles the 3rd one from the right is ceiling tiles. They are correct in that you just angle the camera up and place them just as you would floor tiles. Actually any floor tile will work as well as the ceiling tile. When you put a ceiling in you do have to watch cause they like to extend to the outside the walls once in awhile. I find it easiest to do with the walls in cut away mode.
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Do you have flooring above where the ceiling would be? I'm not in game to check, but I think sometimes I can see ceiling at certain angles where I haven't put down flooring over the room, but I bet I can't tile it that way.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited January 2016
    Actually hit the floor/ceiling can put floor tiles on the ceiling.Tilt camera up, sometimes in tight spaces might have to be walls down.Anyway is best to hit the continuous area instead of single or if doing a large room draw a line with tile fill a secton the go back do the other half a different color.I always do my ceilings.Your problem might be like some people tend to try to recolor without placing first can place anything even carpet on the ceiling does not matter only the recolor does.You could put white carpet on ceiling then after click it to create a style it and choose wood,or stone.Choose anything any type with a continuous area then go back and recolor

Screenshot-917.jpg

Screenshot-959.jpg

Screenshot-705.jpg

Screenshot-610.jpg
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    @CravenLestat, I want to live in your game, please. B)
  • Options
    I'm such a noob at this, because I have hit the ceiling tile,with my camera already tilted up, and I try to add them but the ceiling just stays white. I've tried the floor tiles as well, and still nothing. I just want to have pretty ceilings. LOL
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Awesome pics @CravenLestat :smile:

Excellent use of CASt! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    Don't know if this will help you, but what I do is pick the pattern I'm going to use - you can use any kind of flooring or ceiling tile - point camera at ceiling so I can see it, and then move the cursor to the ceiling until I see the pattern I've selected appear on the ceiling. Hold down the shift key so the pattern spreads to the entire ceiling and then click. It's exactly the same process as laying floor tile. It's a bit awkward, but once you get the hang of it... beautiful ceilings!
  • Options
    I'll try that - again! When I have tried in the past the ceiling just stays white, it never "catches" the floor pattern I'm trying to use.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    Good luck! It may just take some practice getting the tile up to the ceiling - I certainly hope that's the problem anyway. :smile:
  • Options
    SuttiPuttSuttiPutt Posts: 3,620 Member
    I use the up and down angle keys on the control panel to color the tiles, make sure that the walls are down halfway so that you can get to difficult areas and you may have to look from different era's of the house in order get all ceiling colored