Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My child was supposed to come back from boarding school but disappeared!

Eep! I'm freaking out because the heiress of my legacy (7 generations in) has disappeared! She requested to come back from boarding school, so I allowed her to come back and she never showed up. Now she still appears in my family tree (which is smaller than the legacy gen # because I switched towns) and friends and I can still talk to her, but I can't ask her to come home. She's not apart of my household anymore.

I use no CC or mods.

2016_01_30_00003.jpg
2016_01_30_00004.jpg
2016_01_30_00002.jpg

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2016
    Save (as) first, in case this makes things worse. Retreat to Edit Town and evict your entire household to the side of the map. Copy their residential lot down to the bin. Bulldoze the original, replace it with a copy, and move everyone back in without having left the screen. That might be enough of a reset to get the boarding school kid to return.

But as you try this and perhaps other things, be aware that a sim showing up on a family tree or even the relationship panel is not really evidence that enough of the sim's data still exists to re-materialize when something goes wrong. Hope this works out okay, though.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    Thanks for your help @igazor, unfortunately it didn't work. I think little Plum Pie is gone for good. I can still call her and talk to her, though, so I'll come up with some kind of plot twist for her having left.
  • Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    If you can still call her and talk to her, I would say she still exists somewhere. Have you tried inviting her over for a visit? If you're lucky and she does show up, you could shift-click to add her to your active family again.

This worked for me years ago with a Sim who got lost traveling home from China, but she was YA. I don't know whether it would work with kids.
  • Options
    BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    KarinL wrote: »
    If you can still call her and talk to her, I would say she still exists somewhere. Have you tried inviting her over for a visit? If you're lucky and she does show up, you could shift-click to add her to your active family again.

This worked for me years ago with a Sim who got lost traveling home from China, but she was YA. I don't know whether it would work with kids.

I've been trying to invite her over, but when I try to have her over, a window opens and I can only invite one of my sims' professors from University. I think my Sim is in Sim limbo. Simbo.