Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How far was everybody got on the sims 3?

At one time i only got as far as week 36 at one time i got as far as week 76 but how far has everybody got on the sims 3 it is possible too get as far as week 100 and beyond.

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I've been playing the same ongoing game for over four real time years. Can't say how many sim weeks that has been because it's spread out among 15 different connected worlds (Traveler mod), but it's a lot more than 100. I know of players who keep things a bit more centralized and have exceeded their 50th generation within the same ongoing game.

It can be done. It can even be done without mods, but usually requires moving the active household to new worlds the EA way (thus in some respects starting over even though the blood lines continue) and therefore resetting the sim week counter when things start falling apart in the homeworld.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    roman2886roman2886 Posts: 702 Member
    @igazor there is only a certain number of houses in sunset valley you can move into on the sims 3 after you move all your family members too a certain number of houses you have too start again.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    roman2886 wrote: »
    @igazor there is only a certain number of houses in sunset valley you can move into on the sims 3 after you move all your family members too a certain number of houses you have too start again.
    Or, with mods, expand play to other worlds.

But still not really. If you control the number of kids each generation has, even that isn't totally necessary. Takes a lot of planning, though and relatively small families. You can always add a few more houses here and there. But I can see losing control without a way to prevent grown siblings from having too many children of their own once they move out, so again mods can help with that.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I got to around week 70 in one game. That's not counting all the traveling to WA destinations and multiple degrees at university. That game developed a terminal case of Error Code 12.
  • Options
    > @TreyNutz said:
    > I got to around week 70 in one game. That's not counting all the traveling to WA destinations and multiple degrees at university. That game developed a terminal case of Error Code 12.

@TreyNutz that happened to me the file was backed up i tried too load the saved game again it was gone for good.
  • Options
    ickleronickleron Posts: 21 Member
    Wow. I was so proud of myself for making it to week 12 recently!
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I was lucky to make it though a few weeks before getting Mods because the game always fell apart with unwanted changes in my towns and I haven't got any idea how far though I'm sure my 100 baby challenge might last for generations and it would likely span a few hundred sim years.That's because I started it in Storybrook County lite and have to populate the town myself.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    ickleron wrote: »
    Wow. I was so proud of myself for making it to week 12 recently!

@ickleron I just recently made it too week 9 i am not on week 12 yet 8 weeks has past since i started a new town my sims are still young adults and teens for another 6 weeks than i will age them too middle age adults and young adults.
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    I don't really keep up and I have multiple games I play.
  • Options
    ProximProxim Posts: 189 Member
    I also have a game I still play after a year or so. From the in game statistics of my former Sims I looked at some time back I know that they've been together for more than 800 Sim days, which should be a bit over 100 Sim weeks.

It certainly is possible to play one family that long, you just need a goal or something else to keep your interest in the save. I personally like to watch the world and the descendants of my former couple to evolve and live their lives.
  • Options
    girlwhocriedtaylorgirlwhocriedtaylor Posts: 536 Member
    I think I once got to... 15 weeks? I don't know, but I was so excited when I got to that point! :)
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Modless I found it's wise to start a new save after about two generations because saving takes ages by that time. I have no idea how many weeks that is and to be quite honest I don't care.
    5JZ57S6.png