Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Left My Sim Alone With Free Will On!

Okay, so I have one Sim with one dog for one of my games. I forgot to pause my game and went to watch a movie. I came back and my Sim got robbed, she was poor and the dog Sim was gone. I had to quit and start over after hours of gameplay. Guess I learned my lesson :(

Comments

• Options
    Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    @Missa_Sissa, sorry about that. The dog probably ran out of food; I use the automatic feeding station, so no worries there. His social probably went way down as well. My sims usually do quite well with high free will on.

My thing is forgetting to pay the bills. I've had the Repo Man visit a few times. :|
  • Options
    WooftheWolfieWooftheWolfie Posts: 388 Member
    Okblondee7 wrote: »
    @Missa_Sissa, sorry about that. The dog probably ran out of food; I use the automatic feeding station, so no worries there. His social probably went way down as well. My sims usually do quite well with high free will on.

My thing is forgetting to pay the bills. I've had the Repo Man visit a few times. :|

I've had the same thing. I'm terrible with bills. I'm too used to not checking up on my Sims. Usually it doesn't go so bad because I never leave free will on.
  • Options
    Missa_SissaMissa_Sissa Posts: 328 Member

Where do you get the feeding station? Is it a lifetime reward?
  • Options
    GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    I use a lifetime reward so my sims don't have to pay bills, very helpful.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member

Where do you get the feeding station? Is it a lifetime reward?

http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:43215&categoryId=13177&section=UpSell

It comes in this set.
    http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:42770&categoryId=11488&scategoryId=13226&pcategoryId=14442&section=UpSell
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    There is a lifetime reward called "Bottomless Pet Bowl". It's 15,000 points but you'd never need to refill it.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    Awww... poor puppy - lol

Yeah, free will on high and leaving computer alone is not the best idea! Been there, done that. :wink:
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Poor doggie! But it was a good "experiment", I may do that today (set up a sim and pet in a house and leave them alone) while wrapping gifts just to see what happens, I never left my sims alone when they have pets.
  • Options
    AMariseSAMariseS Posts: 2,458 Member
    I use NRaas Saver because I have a tendency to forget to save & it prompts every 1/2 hour, so I don't ever have to worry about my Simmies spending all day playing computer games or trying to eat Cowplant cake if I have to leave my game.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Is it wrong that I had to laugh at this?

I can only imagine the chaos that erupted while you was gone.

I myself thought I was bad for leaving my game unattended for 20 minutes once. Never again! ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    My game yesterday wasn't saved as I had two sims, one went out to party then after a while the one I left at home died fir no reason, I just quit the game without saving and started again.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I went to the toilet once for two minutes, leaving my inventor sim. He burned to death :D
    (I saved him by not saving)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    Try having a vampire sim walking around during the day and leaving the computer for a bathroom break - yeah... not good. lol I'm betting we've all done this at one point or another. Poor simmies.
  • Options
    Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    @Missa_Sissa, @Karritz gave you the proper link; no need to spend 15,000 Sim bucks for it.

I got it in this Compilation: http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:42770&section=UpSell

After being gifted several items from the set and banking sim points by 'watching the ads' I got it it for just a couple of hundred SP. :)
  • Options
    BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    Surreal wrote: »
    Try having a vampire sim walking around during the day and leaving the computer for a bathroom break - yeah... not good. lol I'm betting we've all done this at one point or another. Poor simmies.

No, I can't say as I have ever walked away from my computer and accidentally left my game running. I make sure it's paused, saved and minimized so if I'm in the other room one of the cats doesn't end up pouncing on the keyboard and unpausing it or something like that. They aren't so bad now but when they were kittens I'd get up in the morning and find all manner of odd things had happened overnight. They were learning how to copy and paste, learned how to open new tabs, new browsers and I don't know what all. Those cats figured out more keyboard shortcuts than I even knew existed.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • Options
    badluhvsbadluhvs Posts: 31 New Member
    I'm terrible with bills. I always seem to get visited by the repo man on the day I remember about the bills, yikes.
  • Options
    FoxyLovesKittyFoxyLovesKitty Posts: 889 Member
    Sometimes I forget to click on pause too, but the longest one was something around 15 minutes. When I came back my sim was just fine, as if I never left him alone.
  • Options
    badluhvs wrote: »
    I'm terrible with bills. I always seem to get visited by the repo man on the day I remember about the bills, yikes.

Maybe it's part of an NRaas mod I have but if I've forgotten to pay the bills I get a message saying it's the last day to pay them with an option to pay or not. If I click "yes" the bills get paid automatically. I'm terribly forgetful so it's a very useful thing to have.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    @BSIRegina It's not a mod. I've gotten that notice of the last day to pay the bills ever since I started playing. But the bad thing about that notice is that if for some reason, you were just about to hit the escape key and the notice pops up too late for you to stop, you lose the chance to pay those bills, and are now guaranteed a visit from the repo man.
  • Options
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    @BSIRegina It's not a mod. I've gotten that notice of the last day to pay the bills ever since I started playing. But the bad thing about that notice is that if for some reason, you were just about to hit the escape key and the notice pops up too late for you to stop, you lose the chance to pay those bills, and are now guaranteed a visit from the repo man.

Very interesting! I've never had that happen. Most of the time I remember to have my Sims check the mail so it's not something I've used a lot but now I know I can use that feature to get the Repo "man" to show up I just might try it. :smiley:
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    That notice about outstanding bills only appears a few times. Then after a while the repo man turns up because I was expecting to be warned first.

My other problem with bills is I keep checking and there are none, then the repo man turns up because I forgot to keep checking.

Now I watch for the postman until I finally get a chance to get the no bills ever LTR.