Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New patch

The new patch to The Sims 3 this morning keeps popping up that warning tab in the launcher every time I try to press play. Even after I check the Do Not Show This Message Again box. Every time.

Comments

• Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    It must have something to do with how many expansion packs we have checked. I just wish they would fix it. Some of us have very powerful computers.
  • Options
    DawnmccarthyDawnmccarthy Posts: 58 Member
    edited January 2016
    If they're still patching the game, ya think they'd fix the + energy gain in a +++ bed glitch. And routing issues. Like not being able to use the mailbox in one of the late night apartment buildings. And werewolves not having the Hunt option. And the glitched homeless sims. And having neverending fires popping up after a fire is started, and never stopping even after leaving a lot. And make a menu option for disabling the spread of mermaids, like they have for supernatural sims and weather effects. And the junk spawners not being removed when ya bulldoze an unwanted junkyard from a new world.
  • Options
    StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    I don't understand why they are giving us this new stuff in these patches instead of fixing all of the stuff that is broken. :warning:
  • Options
    If they're still patching the game, ya think they'd fix the + energy gain in a +++ bed glitch. And routing issues. Like not being able to use the mailbox in one of the late night apartment buildings. And werewolves not having the Hunt option. And the glitched homeless sims. And having neverending fires popping up after a fire is started, and never stopping even after leaving a lot. And make a menu option for disabling the spread of mermaids, like they have for supernatural sims and weather effects. And the junk spawners not being removed when ya bulldoze an unwanted junkyard from a new world.

True. I don't understand why they don't. It almost like they want us to depend on mods to fix them issues.
  • Options
    fxchrfxchrfxchrfxchr Posts: 329 Member
    EA isn't going to fix game issues - these latest updates are to try and force people to use Origin for everything including buying Simpoints.
    Firby nurbs!
  • Options
    DawnmccarthyDawnmccarthy Posts: 58 Member
    Still waiting for an admin or something to acknowledge the issue with the 'Do Not Show This Message Again' box not working when trying to launch the game.
  • Options
    GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    fxchrfxchr wrote: »
    EA isn't going to fix game issues - these latest updates are to try and force people to use Origin for everything including buying Simpoints.

Agreed. I just recently updated to 1.67!!!! and that's as far as I'm going. No thank you EA, no thank you very much.
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    After reading these posts I am pleased I cancelled the update :)
  • Options
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    After reading these posts I am pleased I cancelled the update :)

I have another hard drive that don't have that update. I just need to upgrade that one computer. Get a I5 for it. Then it set.
  • Options
    yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    fxchrfxchr wrote: »

Basically this. They're 100% done with TS3.
  • Options
    ModseyModsey Posts: 1,468 Member
    I can deal with the annoying message box before launching, I can't deal with the fact CAW no longer works! After all the money that's been invested in Sims 3, could they please fix CAW so I can create worlds full of all the gameplay I paid for?

I still keep up to date on Sims 4 even, and I don't play it half as much!
  • Options
    bee1977bee1977 Posts: 613 Member
    Modsey wrote: »
    I can deal with the annoying message box before launching, I can't deal with the fact CAW no longer works! After all the money that's been invested in Sims 3, could they please fix CAW so I can create worlds full of all the gameplay I paid for?

I still keep up to date on Sims 4 even, and I don't play it half as much!

They just did a patch that fixed this, yesterday, I believe. It's being talked about a lot in this forum lol. I'm not one who uses CAW but I do know that a lot of people complained about how it was broken after the update in November.
    Origin: BeeC1977
    Twitter: @Bee77
  • Options
    ModseyModsey Posts: 1,468 Member
    edited January 2016
    @igazor Thank you so much! I've been dying to start a new project the last month or so

Update: It just launched correctly. I'm about to try starting a new project :smiley:
  • Options
    FoxyLovesKittyFoxyLovesKitty Posts: 889 Member