The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Romantic Interests

I would love to see something similiar as in the Sims 3 that if you are attracted to someone it shows somehow! I hate trying to figure out who to date, you would think a dating site on the computer or something like that would be an asset!

Comments

• Options
    340000453340000453 Posts: 73 Member
    edited December 2015
    Yeah that would be really awesome.
    Post edited by 340000453 on
  • Options
    jineratorjinerator Posts: 377 Member
    Maybe add a feature where your sim can become smitten at first sight, and it could be that gamble on whether it works out or just a setup for failure.
  • Options
    RealPollyMogsRealPollyMogs Posts: 478 Member
    I'd like to see an attraction system for Valentine's Day. Last year's Woohoo Challenge was... ugh!
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    @jinerator I love the idea of the sims being smitten!!! I always liked the lightning bolts in sims2 and the scope room interaction to find a compatible sim.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    spiritseerspiritseer Posts: 26 Member
    I'm really surprised that with all the focus on relationships and interacting they didn't put something in
  • Options
    How about this...If your sim has an awkward trait, they could give their love awkward gifts, like a bouquet of grilled cheese sandwiches.

Or if they are smitten by a sim, they could think about them so much that they lose sleep at night, or have a restless sleep because they are dreaming of them all night.

They could daydream about them and walk in a daze, and forget to do ordinary tasks.

Heres another...lets say you have two sims that are married for a while and they become bored with one another. Now, you have to spice up their relationship, but we can keep it PG. Spice it up by taking pottery or dancing classes together. Or be literal with it, they could cook a special "spicy" dish and have dinner together. Nothing says love like sharing a big spicy burrito together!

• Options
    340000453340000453 Posts: 73 Member
    [quote="jinerator;14433130"]How about this...If your sim has an awkward trait, they could give their love awkward gifts, like a bouquet of grilled cheese sandwiches.

Or if they are smitten by a sim, they could think about them so much that they lose sleep at night, or have a restless sleep because they are dreaming of them all night.

They could daydream about them and walk in a daze, and forget to do ordinary tasks.

Heres another...lets say you have two sims that are married for a while and they become bored with one another. Now, you have to spice up their relationship, but we can keep it PG. Spice it up by taking pottery or dancing classes together. Or be literal with it, they could cook a special "spicy" dish and have dinner together. Nothing says love like sharing a big spicy burrito together!

[/quote]

Perfect ;)
  • Options
    PyrondonPyrondon Posts: 159 Member
    I really want a return of online dating.
    Visionary. Radiant. Inspiring.
    I am none of these things.
  • Options
    katcrunchkatcrunch Posts: 12 New Member
    > @spiritseer said:
    > I would love to see something similiar as in the Sims 3 that if you are attracted to someone it shows somehow! I hate trying to figure out who to date, you would think a dating site on the computer or something like that would be an asset!

I think this can be introduced in the future "Hot Date" expansion pack, which also introduced the restaurant venue of all kind of restaurants, from the posh one, to the fast food one, and even the food trucks!
  • Options
    KatrinkuKatrinku Posts: 224 Member
    Cool ideas here! Really like them!
  • Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    edited January 2016
    Neato :star:

That would be super rad with the cute animations when they awkwardly hit it off. One would extend their hand to shake & the other one goes in expecting a hug, they just stop mid way & blush in awkward embarrassment lol.
    Post edited by Savage_Patch_Kidd on
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    I remember the Hot Date expansion back with the first sims. It came in a little cardboard sleeve, and I was blown away at the time on how small the packaging was then. My, my, the craziness.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,518 Member
    spiritseer wrote: »
    I would love to see something similiar as in the Sims 3 that if you are attracted to someone it shows somehow! I hate trying to figure out who to date, you would think a dating site on the computer or something like that would be an asset!

I'd much rather get TS2's attraction system were you can assign sims turn ons and turn offs.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Yeah! Something like TS2's turn on's and turn off's would be really cool! I'd forgotten about that.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    I also forgot about the turn ons and turn offs. I'd love for that to make a return.
  • Options
    JemkatkJemkatk Posts: 199 Member
    Yess!! A mix of S3 and S2. Online dating was awesome, attraction was awesome... it would also tie in easily because they have the "soul mates, lovebirds" etc relationship assignments.