Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Getting Cursed by a Mummy: Tombs - When Not to Raid

SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
I have never successfully completed this Quest. The way the game works this Quest is never offered to a sim from the adventure board until they have attained level 3 Visa in Egypt. It took me a long time figuring out why certain quests didn't get offered until I learned that some quests require pre-conditions. Level 3 Visa is the pre-condition for this one. My problem is that by the time my adventurer has attained level 3 in Egypt he also has a high level in both athletics and martial arts. I have never been able to get my adventurer sims to lose to a mummy at high levels of those two skills. Further, the curse is random. There is only a chance from a mummy attack to get cursed. It isn't 100%. Add to that after all that tomb raiding most of the available mummy locations have been popped and killed.

I have been trying to figure out other non-cheat options.

Has anyone ever created a mummy with a sarcophagus? This is also another aspect of the game I haven't tried. I was thinking that if I had a mummy as a household member that I controlled I could order the mummy to curse my sim. Would that work? Does anyone know?

There is also a Supernatural potion I have not tried named Curse of the Mummy or Mummy's Curse. Has anyone tried that? Does that potion just turn the sim into a Mummy or is it the actual curse that can kill a sim if not cured?

Origin ID: Barbara917
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    I found a mummy and of course my adventurer defeated him. So the next mummy I found I used MC to cheat and set his skill level to 1 on both athletic and martial arts. He was merely knocked out. So he went to another tomb and found yet another mummy. He defeated the mummy with skill set at level 1. At this point I am starting to run out of mummy options so I try the buy on this lot cheat and then reset the sarcophagus to make another mummy. Knocked out. I have repeatedly reset the sarcophagus a half a dozen times and it is 50-50 knock out or defeat the mummy. I cannot get the game to roll the curse chance. Aaaaargh!
  • Options
    What I did to get cursed.

I cheated.

With Master Controller I first set his Martial Arts and Athletic skill levels to 1. I then used the Buy on this Lot cheat to repeatedly reset the Mummy Chance of the sarcophagus to Always. With skills set at level 1 it was about a 50-50 shot as to whether he would defeat the Mummy or lose and get knocked out. It took about 20 tries before the knocked out chance got replaced with the curse chance. It is way too difficult to get cursed. There simply aren't that many mummies in tombs in Egypt with those odds.
  • Options
    MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    Yeah, if you have a maxed athletic skill and I think your sim is either brave or adventurous, they will always win a fight. If your sim leaps onto the enemy, they're going to win. The easiest way, at least with a sim that I got cursed without cheats is to make sure they have a low athletic skill, no martial arts skill, haven't got the brave trait. The sim that got cursed (for me this was ages ago) was one of the first sims I sent adventuring after getting WA. Since then I've determined how to ensure my sim wins all fights against mummies because I didn't like the curse and the soul peace stones are worth a fortune so, money!
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited December 2015
    For my sim, she had disciplined, athletic and brave traits. Also her athletic skill and martial art skill were all 10. I thought she would defeat mummy very easy but I guessed totally wrong. She lost against mummy and even the mummy cursed her. It would be the best if she was in that quest but actually she got cursed in Isael's tomb of France. OMG.. After she completed all nectar quest under nectary, she straight to go to Sphinx in Egypt. It happened just a month ago.

Sometimes, it's possible to get cursed by mummy although your sim is very brave, athletic and its skills are maxed out. I just saved my game before fighting. If your sim defeats it, just go back to the main menu, and try it newly. I've done that process 5 to 6 times, eventually, the mummy cursed my sim. It happened 2 years ago.
  • Options
    DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    edited December 2015
    My sim is a Vampire, Level 10 Martial Arts, Level 10 Athletic, really muscular, has the Brave trait, and he STILL managed to get cursed! xD
  • Options
    skybakerskybaker Posts: 214 Member
    Keep your Sims' needs and mood as low as possible. I think this is easier to be defeated by a mummy even athletic and martial arts skills are both max. However, mummy will not be cursed the defeated sims every time.
    AqWKHoo.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top