Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lack of Choices - More Options, Choices and Tools

Hi,

I'm not good at writing speeches to express what I would like to see in The Sims 4, so I'll get right to it.
The game has a combination of game rules and sandbox.
However, during gameplay, the sandbox idea seems more of a concept than something that you get to experience, and the game seems more stricted.
For example, with the Get Together club feature, we get to choose filters (age, traits...), but why not write whatever can come to mind, such as gender, hair length, facial hair, makeup or even skin color (I know it may seem racist, but only for the sake of vast choices)?
Giving us a vast number of choices and parameters makes the game feel more free and less stricted.
And how about the Simray from Get To Work?
It has functions that may be hilarious (freezing, commanding change clothes), but most of the options seem to be there so the producers can mark a V on making a Simray. But why couldn't they add more useful commands such as repairing and interacting (romantic, friendly, etc...) with another sim? Commanding to sit and eat is completely futile. And the final Transform Sim interaction? It only changes hair and skin color for 2 days. Why not more than that, really? Why not be able not to only change the face and body, but also let us choose if we so want to?
And what about the Wormhole item?
How about placing more than one and being able to pass from one through another?
And emotions.
They are too simple in my opinion. There are only Whims, but no fears. Why not make fears according to the Sim's traits?
This is now about challenge, too. This game has to have at least the OPTION for a challenge mode. And I don't want to rely on external mods for this (although it doesn't really matter so long the mod can work well with the game), I want the vast options and challenges from the producers, Maxis/EA.

To summarize, many objects and gameplay features are added, which is great. But the major problem right now is the features are not EXPANDED enough.
How about making a big major patch, which will go through the entire features of the game and improve/fix/expand them?

Us, the community who wants an outstanding game, will love to see things like this coming, and it will also aid to the expansion of the sims community.

Thank you for listening.

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Options are always nice. I was hoping for more club icons. Anyway about the gender filter, not sure how comfortable you are with mods, but there is a mod option: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=569149
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I agree with much of this. What you are asking for is to include many interactions/functions that are already in the game, so would make sense to include more where appropriate.

I have just hunted around to try and find the video of an interview with Lindsey and Rachel where they were discussing the club configuration options, but I am a bit hungover, so I lazily gave up. Lyndsay said that you could so almost anything, but that she didn't want it too complicated. I would love a pile of much more complexity.

I was really encouraged when someone told me about the gender filter mod as this means that it is likely more club mods will follow.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison