Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA.... Why?

KeokithederpKeokithederp Posts: 1 New Member
I remember when I first started playing video games. Sims was my child hood. I was a very evil little child. You know, having Sims start fire, having them drown, etc. As I grew older, I grew to play more games like TF2 and the like. Then Sims 4 came out, which I bought on a whim. And, I did not regret it. From the day I bought it I would play it for hours. For some reason I just never bothered getting the expansions. Then my friend told me the new expansion pack is "the best thing." So I'm thinking, "Oh, why not? All it can do is make my experience better." Boy, was I wrong. I bought the expansion, installed it, and booted up the game. Something was different though. And, I don't mean the new features and stuff. Different like there was a distinct lack of Sims. My Sims. Their stories were gone. All the relationships my Sims had created were gone. Most importantly, all of the progress from the past year, gone in half an hour. I don't know what to do but leave this game for now. Until EA realizes that gamers want to play things other than CoD or Battlefield, this is my farewell to The Sims. EA, you've lost a gamer.

Comments

• Options
    ZemnodZemnod Posts: 99 Member
    :( I know it happened to me too, I hope they will fix this soon !
  • Options
    CalicoJesterCalicoJester Posts: 93 Member
    As someone who isn't going to touch an expansion pack for TS4 until I get some romance/supernatural packs, thankfully I didn't have to go through this. But I can understand how horrid this must have been for people who ended up in the same boat as you.
    I don't have much knowledge in TS4 EP's, but I'd say to anyone else installing EP's after reading should probably backup a few saves in other locations just in case something like this happens and you end up resetting. I don't know if it would work, and of course this is no help to you now in hindsight, but at least you'd still have your files and stories prepared and uncorrupted if you ever need them back.
    xUjx1Ah.gif
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member
    What is this doing in the technical discussion thread? Please move it to General Discussion or Off-topic. Thank you.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif