Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you make those DJ mixed tapes? - SOLVED

seminaricardoseminaricardo Posts: 244 Member
I don't want this to be a spoiler alert, but as you advance in your DJ'ing skills, it says you can create mixed tapes to play at your performances. How do you create these mixed tapes that they are talking about? I'm a bit confused. Any help and feedback would be great!
Post edited by seminaricardo on

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I don't know. MY DJ is at level 7. He hasn't been out yet to play at a venue. Hopefully someone answers so I can find out too.
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,406 Member
    The sim that I have doing it makes the tapes on his DJ booth at home. There's an option that says Create Custom Mix. It takes a while to make the tape so if you don't finish it all at once, it will be in your inventory and you can continue it from there.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Ah. So it's like writing a song then. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Thanks @sillyangel0906! I tried doing just that though, but the options are not showing. I'll have to investigate and check this out again. Thanks again!

Update: Nevermind, it works! Making the mixed tape now :)

Another Update: Gosh it takes a whole Sim day to make, it shouldn't take that long...
  • Options
    have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    After making the tape, don't forget to publish it using the mailbox. It brings in from $200 to $800 a day. Publish it once a week. :)
  • Options
    Ummm...my mixed tape was done, and then...it dissapeared! Ugh! It didn't end up in my inventory and just....nowhere to be found :(
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Ummm...my mixed tape was done, and then...it dissapeared! Ugh! It didn't end up in my inventory and just....nowhere to be found :(

Guessing it works like finished songs. Should have option to publish/license on mailbox or option to play on DJ booth. Doesn't need a physical item.
  • Options
    caleecalee Posts: 24 Member
    > @seminaricardo said:
    > Ummm...my mixed tape was done, and then...it dissapeared! Ugh! It didn't end up in my inventory and just....nowhere to be found :(

It's the same in my game too. You have to wait one week before you can license another one, so after the one week wait was up I clicked on the mailbox and there was an option to license the second mixtape.