Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it safe to rename store sims3packs?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew if it was safe (meaning they still install correctly) to rename store sims3packs to a more descriptive name? I find the current names make it difficult to determine what set it is. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

Comments

• Options
    AshpeefAshpeef Posts: 173 Member
    edited December 2015
    I always renamed my store items (at least put EA_ before the name to sort those away from any third party CC) with no problems resulting. So I'd say it's safe, at least in my experience.

Edit to add:
    The sims3packs in your Downloads folder are only used to install from. They are not the installed items themselves.
    That's why it is also advisable to remove them from the Downloads folder after installation and keep them safely somewhere else. Just incase you need to reinstall them sometime in the future.
    If you ever want to un-install an item, just temporarily put only that sims3pack back in. Makes it a lot easier to find in the lists as well!
    Post edited by Ashpeef on
  • Options
    napoleonwrassenapoleonwrasse Posts: 310 Member
    Thanks so much! That's really good to know. I will rename them then.
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.