Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not Necessarily a Sims Problem - Origin Won't Launch (0xc000007b)

RockyRaccoRockyRacco Posts: 14 New Member
As my title states, this problem isn't a problem with the Sims 3 itself, it's more with Origin. But I have intentions of using it for playing Sims 3, so it kinda applies.

I have tried every single method I have seen so far for solving this problem (reinstalling, compatibility mode, checkdisk, reinstalling Visual C++, using CCleaner, etc.), and none have really worked. See, whenever I try to launch Origin, it says: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application"

Any suggestions unto what I can do to possibly solve this problem? I haven't played the Sims in a while, and I have been dying to play. Replies are greatly appreciated.
Post edited by RockyRacco on

Comments

• Options
    Bump! Can anyone help me?
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Sounds like you've already tried what I would have. This might be a better question for the TS3 Technical Discussions page. If patient enough, a Sim Guru might come along and answer -- it's one of the few boards here looked in upon by one of the few remaining Techie Gurus, or at leaset as far as I've noticed.

Or, just as nice, perhaps a fellow player/Tech Responder will know what to do.

You can move a thread you have started by hitting Edit from the gearwheel in the upper right and then using the pull-down menu to select a different board.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Thank you, I did. On a separate note, bump! Anyone?
  • Options
    Bump! Hello? Anyone?
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling origin and then turning off origin in game ? This applies for the sims 3 too http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/deactivate-origin-in-game/
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling origin and then turning off origin in game ? This applies for the sims 3 too
    [link omitted]

The sims wouldn't start, and I can't start it since it has been uninstalled. I have uninstalled then reinstalled origin many times.
    Post edited by RockyRacco on
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    RockyRacco wrote: »
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling origin and then turning off origin in game ? This applies for the sims 3 too
    [link omitted]

The sims wouldn't start, and I can't start it since it has been uninstalled. I have uninstalled then reinstalled origin many times.

You uninstalled the sims 3 and now you are trying to reinstall the sims 3?
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > RockyRacco wrote: »
    >
    > > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > > have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling origin and then turning off origin in game ? This applies for the sims 3 too
    > [link omitted]
    >
    > The sims wouldn't start, and I can't start it since it has been uninstalled. I have uninstalled then reinstalled origin many times.
    >
    > You uninstalled the sims 3 and now you are trying to reinstall the sims 3?

Precisely, although I can't reinstall the Sims because Origin isn't working.

I should have mentioned that it's an online download from the Origin website, and not a disc, and as far as I can see, the only way to install it is via the Origin application.
  • Options
    SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    Hi there, sorry to hear you are having issues with Origin. I have now flagged with this that team to see if they can help.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    I might have idea but it may not be the best one. Backup all your important stuff on a USB stick or USB hard drive. Do a complete windows install. Update Windows and install the latest drivers for your computer. Then Install Orgin and see if you get the same results.
  • Options
    > @james64468 said:
    > I might have idea but it may not be the best one. Backup all your important stuff on a USB stick or USB hard drive. Do a complete windows install. Update Windows and install the latest drivers for your computer. Then Install Orgin and see if you get the same results.

Good idea, I wish I could do that, except I don't have a Windows install disc.
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    RockyRacco wrote: »
    > @james64468 said:
    > I might have idea but it may not be the best one. Backup all your important stuff on a USB stick or USB hard drive. Do a complete windows install. Update Windows and install the latest drivers for your computer. Then Install Orgin and see if you get the same results.

Good idea, I wish I could do that, except I don't have a Windows install disc.

Can you give us your computer name and model?