Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 on My MacBook late 2008 Model

I just bought my mac this summer and I'm wondering if it can handle the sims 3?

My Mac info:
OS X Yosemite
Processor: 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256MB

Comments

• Options
    skybakerskybaker Posts: 214 Member
    Honestly, I don't recommend anyone to play Sims 3 with MAC unless you plan to install Bootcamp.
    As the Sims 3 running under a simulation environment of Win XP in a MAC. The game can use up to 2GB of RAM only even your MAC has more and more GB of RAM.
    I have played Sims 3 with a MAC of similar specification (No Bootcamp). I don't think its capability can handle the Sims 3 with all EPs. Certainly, you can try to lower the graphic setting.
    AqWKHoo.jpg
  • Options
    tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    skybaker wrote: »
    Honestly, I don't recommend anyone to play Sims 3 with MAC unless you plan to install Bootcamp.
    As the Sims 3 running under a simulation environment of Win XP in a MAC. The game can use up to 2GB of RAM only even your MAC has more and more GB of RAM.
    I have played Sims 3 with a MAC of similar specification (No Bootcamp). I don't think its capability can handle the Sims 3 with all EPs. Certainly, you can try to lower the graphic setting.

You can recommend that if you like, but it is possible. I played on the Mac side of mine for years with all the EPs except for ITF, half the SPs, and much of the store content installed. It did take finagling, but I was able to do it. As long as you're willing to put in the effort, you can absolutely play on a non-bootcamped Mac.

Incidentally, and this is just one of my pet peeves, but it's not MAC. MAC would imply an acronym, but there is none. It's a nickname. That's why it's Mac, not MAC. Unless you're yelling.
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    edited November 2015
    skybaker wrote: »

I play Sims 3 quite well on my Mac, no Bootcamping or using Parallels to do it either. And because I read up a lot on Sims 3 before I bought and installed the game, I have few problems and can play for hours. El Capitan makes the game far more stable than before and I do have all the EPs and SPs installed.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    missriaxxmissriaxx Posts: 3 New Member
    I have just reinstalled all the EPS on to my Mac again and I have lagging issues and freeze moments. But I also had those problem on my PC. I am curious, what is El Capitan?
  • Options
    AshpeefAshpeef Posts: 173 Member
    El Capitan is the latest version of Mac OsX.