Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Using Photoshop to make Custom Content

BridgetStylesBridgetStyles Posts: 36 New Member
I'm really interested in making my own custom content (and sharing it!) but since i am using a mac, the programs available, arent actually available for me to use. I was wondering if i could possibly use photoshop cs6 to make my own custom content?
Post edited by BridgetStyles on

Comments

• Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Yep, and you also need Sims 4 Studio.

I'm not sure if that's available for Mac though...
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    You may want to move your question to "Tutorials & Tools for Mods and CC".

Just click the little cog in the top right corner of your post, choose "edit" and then change the header.
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    Astro wrote: »
    Yep, and you also need Sims 4 Studio.

I'm not sure if that's available for Mac though...
    S4S isn't available for Mac.
  • Options
    _orangemittens__orangemittens_ Posts: 512 Member
    Studio was coded partially on a bootcamped Mac and people are successfully running Studio with Mac and Bootcamp. Other people run Studio using Mac and Parallels. There is a description of how to do that HERE.
  • Options
    > @Bananas_45 said:
    > You may want to move your question to "Tutorials & Tools for Mods and CC".
    >
    > Just click the little cog in the top right corner of your post, choose "edit" and then change the header.

just did thanks!!
  • Options
    > @_orangemittens_ said:
    > Studio was coded partially on a bootcamped Mac and people are successfully running Studio with Mac and Bootcamp. Other people run Studio using Mac and Parallels. There is a description of how to do that HERE.

When Sims 4 came out i desperately tried to download bootcamp/parallels but i was unable to run it.
  • Options
    Nearia35Nearia35 Posts: 522 Member
    > @_orangemittens_ said:
    > Studio was coded partially on a bootcamped Mac and people are successfully running Studio with Mac and Bootcamp. Other people run Studio using Mac and Parallels. There is a description of how to do that HERE.

When Sims 4 came out i desperately tried to download bootcamp/parallels but i was unable to run it.

You need to have a valid copy of a Windows operating system so that they have an actual operating system to launch - neither Parallels or Bootcamp can magically make a Windows program run without having the Windows operating system files. Unfortunately, neither S4S or Workshop work natively on a Mac, so if you want to make CC, you'll have to get a Windows virtual machine up and working.
    Playing on an HP Z800: 2x 6-core Intel Xeon X5660s, 48GB RAM, 4GB nVidia GTX 970
    Alienware R4 17: i7 6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 8GB NVidia GTX 1070