Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is Roaring Hights Worth Getting?

Comments

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Yes, absolutely.

It comes with a nice array of CAS and Build/Buy assets, and worth going for the gold edition for the fixer-upper car. The clothes are (intentionally) dated to circa 1928, as is the architecture of the town which is based on the style of the South Beach art deco historical district in Miami, Florida.

Carl's Sims 3 Guide has a good overview of what the town has to offer. Plenty of venues ready to convert to Late Night style attractions if you have that. Good variety of houses and good number of lots. But it's really the way the design team totally knocked it out of the park with art deco style that sets this world apart.
  • Options
    picklesthecat114picklesthecat114 Posts: 2,690 Member
    Ok Thankyou! :)
    Lantern-flying-in-Tangled.gif
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Here's Carl's guide to the town for you: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/worlds/roaringheights.php
  • Options
    joralydjoralyd Posts: 55 Member
    loving Roaring Heights right now, I got it last week from the store. It has some routing issues though and you'll want to edit some of the lots and add a fire station.
    I took the pledge
  • Options
    AMofOzAMofOz Posts: 856 Member
    I scored it on sale here, and I love it. Visually so stunning, and beautifully designed! Love the 20's themed hair and outfits, too! And that the townies so far all seem to be in themed gear!
    -Ann Maree (AM for short)
    Feel free to add me on The Sims 3 MyPage.
    I now own the store! (apart from avatars and badges)
  • Options
    MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    It's a nice town, very pretty to look at and the aesthetic of it is a nice change from other towns. I don't have the gold version though as there was no way I was spending €45 on a town!
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • Options
    Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    It's one of my favorites. I love the 1920s feel of it, love the build items, and love the clothes! Probably one of the worlds I've gotten the *most* use out of (and I have them all).
  • Options
    SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    MiyuEmi wrote:

"I don't have the gold version though as there was no way I was spending €45 on a town!"

Maybe you could collect bonus SimPoints enough to buy the Boardwalk venue if you want it? The attire set is not available separately as far as I know.
  • Options
    thereesespiecethereesespiece Posts: 614 Member
    I love everything about Roaring Heights except the modern cars I think it takes away from the feel of the town