Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is The Sims 4 book worth buying?

Last week I noticed that there was The Sims 4 book in my local book store, and I was curious if anyone had bought this book. My want to learn your opinions on this book.
B)

I will be back.

Comments

• Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Is it a prima guide? Those are rarely worth it. You can find just about all the information you want about Sims 4 on line.
  • Options
    HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    I got it last week and it is very helpful. I would say of course if you want to find everything about the game.
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I bought it off Amazon for the Prima 3000 computer that you could add to your game! I'm an idiot- please take my money- lol. No, not really worth it unless it's pretty cheap. I think I paid six dollars and, okay, that's fine. It's got the usual facts and figures type stuff- nothing mind blowing.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    check its publishing date things like careers have been radically changed since the release of the base so im assuming some info is outdated. i use online guides but can also guess theres some info not easily known just by playing and reporting results that a guide may have.

i guess if the price is right you couldnt lose either way if you like book formats. if you are just looking for info online really is good enough as well as asking Qs here.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Everything you need to know about TS4 is available for free from multiple sites. Here is the one I use most often. IMO purchasing a guide is not worth it. Use that money on a stuff pack or a game pack instead!
    carls-sims-4-guide.com/
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    I would say it's just a collector's item. The best / most updated info is online.
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    If you are a collector - yes, absolutely worth it.

For information - no. It is completely outdated. A lot of the information available in the book is now incorrect anyway. Stick with Carl's guide.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png