Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bad cc?

KyraiskoolKyraiskool Posts: 40 Member
Hello there as you can see i am yet again lost. I have just installed some 3 mod folders from some youtubers. They added maybe 500 things of cc (I'm rounding). Ok so I wanted to make some sims and upload them to TSR but when I went to make a new world my game crashed while loading up the world. I have no idea if this is bad cc, too much cc, or just something i put in the packages folder but i dont have anytime for adding cc one by one and seeing which ones to remove. most of these are packages so clean installer won't help (i don't think it does). Does anyone have any suggestions or am i gonna have to do it the good old fashion way

Comments

• Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    You could try using the Dashboard (from MTS) to scan your Mods folder to see if anything is corrupt or comes up as a conflict.

You could try starting a new game to see if it's just that world or every world.

Ummm...you did try clearing caches? I assume so. That's usually the first troubleshooting anyone does.

Lastly there's the 50/50 method: remove 250 of the CC and test. Then test the other half. If one half is good, then set that aside and split problem group in half again (so 125/125). Test each half. Split the problematic group again, and repeat until you've narrowed down the issue.

Also, if it's not just CC, but some mods, you should look up where the mod originally came from and make sure the version you have is updated for your patch level.
  • Options
    Thank you sooooo much it turns out it was all conflicts and duplicates. I literally looked all day and it was pretty simple again thank you sooo much. one more question is there a way to keep both things of cc or will i have remove one
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    To get rid of duplicates and conflicts you'll have to remove one. Some conflicts are false positives. If they are from the same creator then the conflict might be fine.
  • Options
    Oh thx again :)