Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create a pattern tool

I really missed create a pattern tool just in sims 3. Now sims 4 have a design tool but you can choose only the premade design. But in future update will be released this again?

Comments

• Options
    stacylynn79stacylynn79 Posts: 269 Member
    Some 'gurus' have said that it's impossible to have a color wheel and CASt. I can't remember what CASt stands for but I think it's where u can choose different patterns.
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    Crazy that it would be impossible to have a colour wheel or CASt. Did those who designed this game ever play Sims 3? Did they ever watch youtube videos of players' creations? Or check the forums for players' lots? Did they notice how many player's used to choose their own colours for hair, clothes, furniture, carpets, beds, etc, etc? Apparently not! :(
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited September 2015
    No, they can't add CASt (create a style) at this point. Nor can they add a color wheel -- it would be just as impossible. They'd have to redo every object in the game, and you know that's not going to happen.

Edit: Strangely for me, what I miss most about CASt is the hair. You could make such cool hair colors in Sims 3.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Sucom wrote: »
    Crazy that it would be impossible to have a colour wheel or CASt. Did those who designed this game ever play Sims 3? Did they ever watch youtube videos of players' creations? Or check the forums for players' lots? Did they notice how many player's used to choose their own colours for hair, clothes, furniture, carpets, beds, etc, etc? Apparently not! :(

They disregarding all of that, all of what made players love the previous games. They had a "vision" and they want to force it on all of us, who cares what the players thing. :(
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    edited September 2015
    basically, if it was fun and possible in the sims 1, 2, or 3... then it's impossible in the sims 4.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I really missed create a pattern tool just in sims 3. Now sims 4 have a design tool but you can choose only the premade design. But in future update will be released this again?

The odd thing is that simmers begged them for cast in the sims 3 and they added it (it wasn't in the original base game), but for some reason they thought we no longer wanted it?? It doesn't make since. But none of their decisions regarding this game make since to me.
    Post edited by stacylynn79 on
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    @stacylynn79 Wait, do you mean while they were making the game, or after the game was released, because I'm pretty sure CASt has been there since TS3 launch.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I specifically remember cast being added after sims 3 launched, as well as a lot of stuff that was patched in over time. I remember a sims 3 without patterns.

Now, I'll have to do some research to see if my memory is correct.

EDIT: Gah! Maybe I'm confusing a tool they released that lets u easily create a pattern. Either way, u might be right, @HIFreeBirdIH
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    I don't know. I didn't have it at launch. I only got it a while after, so somebody else has to clear this up.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    Yes, does anyone else remember? I did get the game on the first day (remember standing in front of the game store before it opened, haha) and even had to live through that dreaded, extremely slow FFF. Gosh, I don't want to relive those days, hahah. I looked through a few game updates on their site, but that's too much to sift through, soooo many bugs they were fixing early on, haha.
  • Options
    have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    Create-a-Style was there from the beginning. You see it in the opening video with the house that has everything in leopard skin pattern. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    yes, you and others have told me. :p

I'm probably thinking of the create-a-pattern tool they introduced in a patch and not CASt.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I miss color wheel and CAST too. It's sad the Sims 4 doesn't even have a creation tool like the Sims 1 and 2 had which made up for the lack of CAST. Sims Creator and Sims 2 BodyShop were fun programs.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    DelsabreDelsabre Posts: 137 Member
    Can't believe how many people that actually believe that adding CAS to The Sims 4 is impossible because Maxis / EA said so. It's no more impossible than adding pools or basements. >_>

Yes it requires work. Yes it's easier to sell stuff packs without the customization from CAS.