Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Zombie Apocalypse Expansion Pack

Wouldn't it be great to have zombies in the Sims 4!? With everybody around The walking dead, everyone's talking about zombies. Wouldn't you like that?

Comments

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I think wit would be amazing to have something sims would have to fight against. sunset, Zombies start to spawn, if your house is well lit, zombies will stay away. if it's not well lit, zombies will infiltrate your property climb up your doorstep and start pounding on your doors, (make sure they're locked!)
    one zombie can't bust down a door, three have a greater chance, more definitely. the door will break down if 4+ zombies pile up at the door, and come inside, be ready to fight! or escape.

I would love magic to be added around that time, My sorcerer highly skilled with fire magic, a werewolf and a magic huntress with a proton gun.
    and sims will have to defend until sunrise. when sunrise comes Zombies burn, turn to dust.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    giphy.gif
    Says it all, this isn't DayZ or its many clones, please keep that over saturated market away from this life simulation genre series. Seriously how awful can you peoples' ideas be?!
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    WindelyWindely Posts: 652 Member
    No!!!
    Dina Caliente. ♡ TS2. ♡ Nina Caliente.
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited September 2015
    The Zombie apocalypse pack - Where shambling hordes of 8 - 12 sims shuffle aimlessly between different places on the lot, with little memory and less intelligence they react randomly to different situations in between their inane wanderings.

Doesn't sound that different to how it is now, just find a mod which changes their conversation sounds to a zombie style groan and there you go.

:)
    raw
  • Options
    kesliehandekesliehande Posts: 58 Member
    Lol! I'm imagining a "zombie mode." If infected with the virus or trait, the sim can only quench their hunger and sleepiness by munching on another sim... hahahaha. They would also get uncomfortable by taking showers, eating regular food, or being nice.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Yes, yes, yes,yes! I'm sick to death of happy,happy la la land Sims who need the new shiny stuff. I want to see disheveled Sims and some drama....real drama.

Oh wait...this is Sims 4. Disappointment in a zombie apocalypse would be just too much. Never mind.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    Yes, yes, yes,yes! I'm sick to death of happy,happy la la land Sims who need the new shiny stuff. I want to see disheveled Sims and some drama....real drama.

Oh wait...this is Sims 4. Disappointment in a zombie apocalypse would be just too much. Never mind.

Most likely the Zombies would just be ordinary sims with a 'dead' skin colour and that's it.

raw
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    nope as i am no into horror movies so i apoligize op but i have to disagree with your idea since zombies are not my cup of tea
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    nope as i am no into horror movies so i apoligize op but i have to disagree with your idea since zombies are not my cup of tea

If it's content you have to buy it'll be easy to avoid. It's about time that people who do want alternate life states to have something they want.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    aws200 wrote: »
    giphy.gif
    Says it all, this isn't DayZ or its many clones, please keep that over saturated market away from this life simulation genre series. Seriously how awful can you peoples' ideas be?!

Omg I love Conan!
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    I would prefer a medieval expansion pack with Merlin, Sorcery, Dragons Renaissance clothes, Witches, black smith, shabby furnishings/ huts, farm animals, and vampires!
  • Options
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I would prefer a medieval expansion pack with Merlin, Sorcery, Dragons Renaissance clothes, Witches, black smith, shabby furnishings/ huts, farm animals, and vampires!

Yes Medieval would be nice but EA already had one wack at that pinata and they missed.

• Options
    craftaholiccraftaholic Posts: 447 Member

If it's content you have to buy it'll be easy to avoid. It's about time that people who do want alternate life states to have something they want.

except that it will come in a pack of other things we want, so we end up with it anyway. I remember with Sims 3 they had to patch in a no zombie setting, my Sim could not go out at night the zombies where so annoying.
    Stop me if you've heard this one: a sim walks into a bar....player moves bar out of the way.....sim walks on without walking into anything else.
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member

except that it will come in a pack of other things we want, so we end up with it anyway. I remember with Sims 3 they had to patch in a no zombie setting, my Sim could not go out at night the zombies where so annoying.

But this you can say about anything. Like people complaining over aliens in GTW even though they knew they were in them when buying it or if there is a toddler EP later on people who don't want toddlers won't buy it unless something else in that pack makes them want to.

So they can't satisfy all simmers with every EP but I think they are trying by adding smaller things in every EP. Like for me, I bought GTW solely for the aliens and didn't care for the careers very much :) Will probably be the same for toddlers for others. In the toddler threads when people mention they don't actually want toddlers there is always someone saying that instead of limiting the game why not just don't play with them, same applies here I think :smiley: There would be new furniture etc for builder and probably much more. And if they would implement this Zombie thing they would certainly make it turn off/ on optional or similar as it is quite specific but I imagine a group of simmers (me included) who would like the possibility to explore this in the Sims 4 universe, with kids, dinner time, partys and homework in between and would possibly enjoy it very much ;)
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    Kay8OrangeKay8Orange Posts: 291 Member
    If this expansion pack comes out I'm gonna make sure to NOT get it lol. Don't like zombies at all.
  • Options

If they do it like the one suggested on the survey it will be a an EP to itself. I have a feeling that they may approach life forms differently this time. There were a lot of complaints about not being able to turn off the zombies and they did add the check boxes for enabling what you had in your game. They didn't come up with an option to turn off zombies...just adjusting the lunar cycle. That made it difficult for people who wanted a full moon.

But if they do it ( and that's a maybe at this point ) I guess people will have to choose between life forms and other pack items. That's not unheard of you know ..... the people who want different play styles do it all the time. So far they haven't produced anything that's interested me enough so that I've felt compelled to buy. I did get GTW but that's it. There have been items in packs that I would like but it didn't have enough to make me want to buy. I bought GTW for the aliens and as it turns out the team tweaked the addition to be almost useless because a few people complained. Sometimes I just have a problem with the "I don't want this in my game so no one can have it" attitude I see in the forums.

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited September 2015
    Eric13600 wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be great to have zombies in the Sims 4!? With everybody around The walking dead, everyone's talking about zombies. Wouldn't you like that?

I am a huge fan of horror and The Walking dead is my most favorite TV but after the nightmare of zombies causing problems in the sims 3 i would pass on this idea :/

If they put more into them and you could kill them cool :p but this is the sims!

I can always play resident evil that will be better than anything they did with the sims 4 and zombies B)

It would be interesting to see though ;)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    0Chloe0Chloe Posts: 1,922 Member
    edited September 2015
    I'm one of these people that is highly against this sort of pack. As much as I love The Walking Dead, I think it would be awful in The Sims. Sorry. I hated the zombies in TS3, but had to deal with them in the Supernatural EP because I wanted other content that was in it. If they made a pack like this, I'd want it separately so that I wouldn't have to deal with zombies at all.
    Post edited by 0Chloe on
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • Options
    aimeelulu1aimeelulu1 Posts: 1 New Member
    They could do it along the same lines as Sims Medieval. Where you have to survive and find new group members and build a camp/community. Then there's people like the Governor who come along and try to take over. I think if it was done right it would be worth a tryy.
  • Options
    heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    Please no! Ugh, I hated zombies in the sims 3. They were such a nuisance.
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    I've said it before, but this is something I'd like in a Time Travel pack, along the lines of Into The Future.
    Two Worlds. A "good future", that's all shiny and sci-fi and looks like the Citadel in Mass Effect, and a "bad future", which has that Mad Max sort of aesthetic with hordes of shambling zombies.

In TS3 they were far too intrusive, and I think that's why people don't want them. But if you actually had to seek them out (eg. getting the bad future) then I don't see why not. At least then they're optional.
    wJbomAo.png