Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build help

I'm going to try and make my first house ( cause normally I edit , redesign, add on or landscape.)
So I need some advice.

I would like to make a mud or a step down den ( I think I almost had it but I think I did it wrong)

How can I do the overhead trellis ( the one that goes over a deck or something) without having the trellis part float in air

how do I make a bridge.

And lastly corner stair / L shaped ( one with a landing in the middle)

I was looking around and thought I found the things I was asking about , but I think I might have over looked them.
Help please and thank you .

Comments

• Options
    moonandsixpensmoonandsixpens Posts: 553 Member
    By step down den du you mean open basements? Here is a tutorial: Fresh Air for basements built with the basement tool

By the overhead trellis not floating in the air do you mean Pergola without gaps between columns and fences ?

Various types of bridge guides: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Tutorials:Bridge_Tutorials

L shaped stairs and some other types: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/buildedit/houses/multilevel/stairs.php
    tumblr_noncvdlzEI1unxm84o1_540.png

• Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    @plantina21 By step down, I assume you mean what some of us would refer to as a sunken room. Is this correct?

That should be fairly simple, so long as you make the house on a foundation. Just delete the foundation where you want to make the room. Is that what you tried to do? If so, what happened that made you conclude that you did it wrong?
  • Options
    plantina21plantina21 Posts: 211 Member
    [quote="IreneSwift;14050300"]@plantina21 By step down, I assume you mean what some of us would refer to as a sunken room. Is this correct?

That should be fairly simple, so long as you make the house on a foundation. Just delete the foundation where you want to make the room. Is that what you tried to do? If so, what happened that made you conclude that you did it wrong?[/quote]

Yeah I believe so , in my actual house we have the dining room off of the kitchen and you have to go down one step into it.

How do you do that in the upper level though . Flat forms ?
  • Options
    plantina21plantina21 Posts: 211 Member
    Thank you moon , those are helpful.

One more thing , does anyone know how I can put a pool on a deck ( like with deck foundation surrounding it , ) an above ground pool .
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited August 2015
    I'm not that much of a builder, to know how to do it in an upper level. You might have to do things like turn off ConstrainFloorElevation, which I have only used when I've had a tutorial with pictures to guide me.

I don't know what they did with the creative corner threads here, but you might find a link to a tutorial on the old Sims 3 forum that will help you. It's where I usually go when I need help. forum.thesims3.com/jforum/forums/show/11.page;jsessionid=669E16B5119E32AAF35E775F666E1DBF.015062