Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Detective Dina

RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
Detective-Dina-Banner-BLOG_zpsj4wfzbtm.png

This Sims 4 Story follows the career of Detective Dina from Cadet to Chief!

Click here to read Episode 1, Part 1: First Day on the Force
Click here to read Episode 1, Part 2: First Day on the Force
Click here to read Episode 1, Part 3: First Day on the Force
Click here to read Episode 1, Part 4: First Day on the Force

(This series is a spin-off from my neighborhood rotation story, but it's written as a 'stand-a-lone'. New readers are welcome! :)

<3 Thanks for reading! <3
Post edited by RachelRosebud on

Comments

• Options
    FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    edited May 2015
    Love this!! <3 Cutest dang cop in town!

edit: Also love the narrative style - really lets your writing shine. :)
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • Options
    RoryPlaysTheSimsRoryPlaysTheSims Posts: 5,330 Member
    I really enjoyed your first installment. Look forward to more. :)
  • Options
    @FloorRaisin @Rorygilmore34 Thank you!! I'm hard at work on Part II. I should have it out either tomorrow night or the next. I'm really excited, lol, I keep finding silly things for Dina to see and do. The detective career is so goofy.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    <3 Part 2 of Episode 1 is Posted!! <3

Click here to read Episode 1, Part 2: First Day on the Force

Writing seems to be the easy part. Taking pictures and getting my Sims where I want them is harder, lol.

With all the trouble I'm having, I'm thinking of making a "Behind the Scenes" post once Episode 1 is finished.

I thought I could write it all in 3 parts, but now it's looking more like 4 or 5 (maybe more! LOL).

I'm having a lot of fun. I played through Dina's first day and saved it there. I'm using all the Sims she met on her first day. After I wrote up my story, I realized I needed more pictures. Luckily, I saved the game right BEFORE I played, so I replayed Dina's first day, but instead of going off to do things that would help her job performance, she spent all day talking to people and getting maneuvered around the lot so I could take some darn pictures, lol! (And I remodeled the police station a little, hence the case of the disappearing plant on Detective Carlo Tapia's desk ROFL!)

And even weirder, Dina wasn't sick with Starry Eyes that second time around, so I had to take more picture with Dina's back of the head so you won't see she's not sick, lol. She really did get better and seemed to be cured about halfway through her day so her sickness gets 'written out' anyway. So I guess it all works out, hehe! Wow, sorry for rambling. I just hope people enjoy the story. I know I'm having fun writing it!!
    Post edited by RachelRosebud on
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    I'm late to the party! Didn't get a chance to read this yesterday--in Ch. 1, the receptionist is so cute! I love how she's all smiles. Until the glares--gees!

These are super fun! I love your writing in them--great pace! And great humor!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Love it! They way you write is so entertaining :) Keep up the good work!
  • Options
  • Options
    You're a great writer, @RachelRosebud . :)
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    That was so much fun--chickens, bears, cowplants! Animal craziness on the job!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    I can only fit Chapter One in tonight as I am at work and juggling other stuff in here-- Oh and regular work.

But it is a great read!

And I like the appearance and type face. Very book-like. I like books!

That receptionist, beware of smiles when you walk in the door. Behind each is a potential hag or ogre!
  • Options
    This was great. :) What a silly crime scene!
  • Options
    I hadn't had the chance to read in a couple-- going on 3 months. Glad I didn't really fall behind!
  • Options
    JorvanJorvan Posts: 43 Member
    Really enjoying the story so far. Part 3 especially, with the bit about the townies and people protesting about the toddlers, pools and pets. Lol, that gave me a good laugh.
    Screenshot-42.jpg

Come check out my story
  • Options
    KiayrueKiayrue Posts: 137 Member
    edited August 2015
    I've just read chapter one and I'm loving it so far, you're a great writer! :)
  • Options
    @Miki Hi there! Yeah, these chapters are really time consuming to make since I basically try to recreate everything to get a lot of screenshots to make the dialogue more interesting, lol. Hey, if you're reading at all, thank you! There's a lot of Sim stories out there so I'm glad mine is getting a little audience :)@Jorvan Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoy Part 4, too! It's my favorite so far. @Kiayrue Thank you for reading! and the very sweet compliment. I hope to get out Part 5 soon.
  • Options
    @Miki Hi there! Yeah, these chapters are really time consuming to make since I basically try to recreate everything to get a lot of screenshots to make the dialogue more interesting, lol. Hey, if you're reading at all, thank you! There's a lot of Sim stories out there so I'm glad mine is getting a little audience :)@Jorvan Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoy Part 4, too! It's my favorite so far. @Kiayrue Thank you for reading! and the very sweet compliment. I hope to get out Part 5 soon.

Ohh I'm sure there are plenty of others. I wasn't trying to be "funny" with catching up so quickly after almost 3 months. It actually worked out well. If I had 5 or 10 chapters to catch up on it could be discouraging since I'm trying to read a few others.

Time consuming? tell me about it. I'm not much of a writer but I have a short story I want to put on Wordpress but to arrange the pictures and narrate them-- without being too wordy-- is a chore. That and a more ambitious project that may not see the light of day until the leaves are off the trees around here.