Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Problems installing custom content through launcher

Hi. I had the Sims 3 base game installed on my old Windows computer. I recently got a new MacBook and downloaded the game using Origin. The game works fine except for the fact I can't install new custom content (sims3pack files). Every time I click on a sims3pack file to install, the Installer pops up, but it's just a black screen. I figured it would just take a minute for it to work, but the black screen would just stay there and not install the content. I uninstalled the game and redownloaded, but I'm still having this problem. Anyone know what's going on?

Comments

• Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    edited September 2013
    Did you patch to the latest store patch?
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    olive337337olive337337 Posts: 410 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hi.

At first, the screen is supposed to be black. After a couple seconds it usually goes to the downloading screen. What is the size of what you are trying to install?
  • Options
    MonsterrFlowersMonsterrFlowers Posts: 6
    edited September 2013
    Yes, I just patched it this afternoon.
  • Options
    MonsterrFlowersMonsterrFlowers Posts: 6
    edited September 2013
    Yeah, I know. I left it on for an hour and it still wouldn't load. And it's only a pair of boots I downloaded from TSR
  • Options
    LajulieLajulie Posts: 8 New Member
    I am having this problem for the last few days, I don't know how to fix it. It isn't a PC problem I have a new windows 8.1.. Now today my sister haves the same problem with her game. She lives in the same town but down the road from me. That makes me think it is a launcher problem. Can't load content.. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? i'd appreciate a fix on it. I am able to go into the game just not add content.
  • Options
    AshpeefAshpeef Posts: 173 Member
    The Launcher, to put it mildly, isn't the best piece of software out there...
    Here's a tip that might sometimes help:
    First open the Launcher. Then, with the Launcher up and running, start the download.
  • Options
    LajulieLajulie Posts: 8 New Member
    Thanks for the reply. I will try that.