Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anyone heard about World Adventures going Gold?

Has anyone heard that The Sims 3: World Adventures has gone gold? Just because I haven't, and it usually goes gold at least a month before the scheduled release date...which is suppose to be on Nov. 17th.

With the kind of luck I've got, it's going to be pushed back...but of course they won't tell us until two weeks before the release date just like what they did with the base game. :?

Comments

• Options
    ConnorJackConnorJack Posts: 836 New Member
    edited October 2009
    EDIT: err, nothing to see here, move along
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    MarxMarx Posts: 600 New Member
    edited October 2009
    perhaps they're keeping this one more tightly sealed? The less people are in the loop, the less opportunity for the release candidate to be pirated.

However, your probably right..... if it hasn't gone gold by now, they'll never make the nov 17 deadline.
  • Options
    kcpzkcpz Posts: 549 New Member
    edited October 2009
    ConnorJack wrote:
    NO WAY! The Sims 3 World Adventures is not even bronze at the moment. They have not completed France or anything!
    Just out of curiousity, how do you know if they haven't completed France? More likely they're just playing the cliffhanger game and it'll be going gold here soon (they'll want a holiday release for the money, doubt they'll miss that).
  • Options
    MarxMarx Posts: 600 New Member
    edited October 2009
    kcpz wrote:
    ConnorJack wrote:
    NO WAY! The Sims 3 World Adventures is not even bronze at the moment. They have not completed France or anything!
    Just out of curiousity, how do you know if they haven't completed France? More likely they're just playing the cliffhanger game and it'll be going gold here soon (they'll want a holiday release for the money, doubt they'll miss that).

I'd rather see a delay, and get a better quality product... than have the game released b4 its ready and be buggy as all hell.
  • Options
    DavidannDavidann Posts: 147 New Member
    edited October 2009
    ConnorJack Said:
    They have not completed France or anything!

Yeah they have, hate to tell you.
  • Options
    SharkloverPlayerSharkloverPlayer Posts: 2,849 New Member
    edited October 2009
    Knowing EA it will get delayed.They haven't said hardly anything about it and gamestop and primagames.com doesn't even have the strategy guide on preorder so that could mean the guide has gotten pushed back because of the game.

• Options
    marie25marie25 Posts: 488 New Member
    edited October 2009
    I dont think it will get delayed they will want to have out out in time for the holidays but i guess you never know. Just because they dont got the guide out yet dont mean its going to be. They are going to wait till the last minute to say anything. Oh if it is delayed it dont mean the game is going to come without the bugs. No matter what theres going to be some kind of bug.
  • Options
    Beastboy840Beastboy840 Posts: 1,368 Member
    edited October 2009
    Where did you get your information...? I'm kinda curious
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited October 2009
    When it is less than one month left I start counting the days and then if I get to hear that the ep is delayed that is so disappointing! I sincerely hope that the World Adventures will be available in the store on the 17th November! *fingers crossed* :(
  • Options
    MilanGajjarMilanGajjar Posts: 73 New Member
    edited October 2009
    wats going gold????
  • Options
    hotwheelsjillhotwheelsjill Posts: 99 Member
    edited October 2009
    wats going gold????
    That means the game's complete and now they're making copies.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited October 2009
    wats going gold????

That's when a videogame company announces that their game is ready to be sent to the manufacturer for production. Traditionally, all the data related to the game was pressed into a gold disk and sent to the manufacturer to be copied and sent out to retail stores.

Generally, a company will announce that its game is going gold about 6-8 weeks before the game hits the shelves, although *some* games have been out in as little as 4 weeks between the "The game has gone gold" announcement and the date the game is available on the shelf.

So far as I know, EA has not announced that "World Adventures" has gone gold. This either means that the game isn't ready yet, or they're withholding the announcement in an attempt to prevent piracy. I should expect to hear *some* kind of going gold announcement by the end of this month, *if* they're going to do it at all.

However, if I'm not mistaken, EA usually doesn't give "going gold" announcements for EP's do they?
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    GommeIncGommeInc Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited October 2009
    Going gold sounds nothing like "we're beginning production" :P I assumed it was a rating system like some games go Platinum when enough have been sold in a year of its release. Going Gold sounds silly, why can't they say "under production"?
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,790 Member
    edited October 2009
    GommeInc wrote:
    Going gold sounds nothing like "we're beginning production" :P I assumed it was a rating system like some games go Platinum when enough have been sold in a year of its release. Going Gold sounds silly, why can't they say "under production"?

you mean post-production -since that what movies say on IBM when they are in the editing stage
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    ConnorJackConnorJack Posts: 836 New Member
    edited October 2009
    EDIT: no matter
  • Options
    GommeIncGommeInc Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited October 2009
    MadameLee wrote:
    GommeInc wrote:

you mean post-production -since that what movies say on IBM when they are in the editing stage
    Hmmm, not quite the word I was thinking. They are done with the producing, but are not puting what they have produced in physical form ready for shipment. Sort of packing in a sense, or copying :)
  • Options
    HiIdkWatThisIsHiIdkWatThisIs Posts: 205 New Member
    edited October 2009
    ConnorJack wrote:
    I lol'd. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    GreatWallStrGreatWallStr Posts: 1,688 New Member
    edited October 2009
    ConnorJack wrote:

:lol: Don't worry, we wont hold anything against you haha