Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a story profession mod for TS4 yet?

AimiexoxoAimiexoxo Posts: 396 Member
I am in love with NRAAS's mod for TS3, Story Progression. It worked like a charm for me, the Sims had babies, got married, had jobs and whatever. Like, all of the time & I love it! Now, for TS4 that's a different story. Sims take forever to age, they never have new children, they never do this & they never do that. Also, the X3 SPEED is super slow, don't you think? Sometimes it works SUPER FAST, then sometimes its just... Fast? But not fast, if you get my drift.

Anyway, does anybody know of any Mods that are like Story progression, or ARE story progression? Thanks in advance! :) TS4.
Hello! I'm new to creating Sims and Houses but I do my best. I like them simple and without the use of CC, but I may add SOME CC like hair and make-up only! If you want to check it out, my origin Username is Aimiec1233, thank you.

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Over at Mod the Sims, check out MC Command Center.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    OuterseOuterse Posts: 289 Member
    Yup! It's called MC Command Center and you can find it here. Same sort of customization and works the same as Twallan's. It also stops culling, which is a bonus in my book :)
  • Options
    Peacie5 wrote: »
    Yup! It's called MC Command Center and you can find it here. Same sort of customization and works the same as Twallan's. It also stops culling, which is a bonus in my book :)

What does Culling mean? Sorry to sound stupid. :) And thanks.
    Hello! I'm new to creating Sims and Houses but I do my best. I like them simple and without the use of CC, but I may add SOME CC like hair and make-up only! If you want to check it out, my origin Username is Aimiec1233, thank you.
  • Options

Also, which FILE is the story progression one? Or do I have to install ALL of them? (I really don't want to)
  • Options
    OuterseOuterse Posts: 289 Member
    The base mod is McCmdCenter, the last one on the downloads list. But you will have to download the other modules for the mod to really do anything as the base mod itself really doesn't do anything. If you want what Twallan's Master Controller did then you'd probably be good with the pregnancy module and maybe the population module, there are descriptions of each module so you can check those out if you would rather figure it out for yourself.
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    MC Command Center is amazing. And he just updated again, 1.0.12 is up. (link is in my sig)

Docs are full of great info, Deaderpool's done a wonderful job of making everything more readable than it used to be.

It's very configurable, either in or out of the game. I've installed it all (including woohoo module, PM me for that NSFW link), and just keep enabling/disabling parts of the different modules to suit my style of the moment.

This game is soooooooooo much more fun now!!

And, 12 also includes disabling both culling and pruning. Safe sims. I'm good with that.
  • Options
    The base mod is McCmdCenter, the last one on the downloads list. But you will have to download the other modules for the mod to really do anything as the base mod itself really doesn't do anything. If you want what Twallan's Master Controller did then you'd probably be good with the pregnancy module and maybe the population module, there are descriptions of each module so you can check those out if you would rather figure it out for yourself.
    MC Command Center is amazing. And he just updated again, 1.0.12 is up. (link is in my sig)

Docs are full of great info, Deaderpool's done a wonderful job of making everything more readable than it used to be.

It's very configurable, either in or out of the game. I've installed it all (including woohoo module, PM me for that NSFW link), and just keep enabling/disabling parts of the different modules to suit my style of the moment.

And, 12 also includes disabling both culling and pruning. Safe sims. I'm good with that.

Okay. I downloaded and installed all of those things and my game is still the same as before, just with some options when you click on a Sim. I'm not getting notifications saying that people are giving birth or getting married, and I can't see any progress with any other Sims or anything. This mod is so vanilla, unless I'm using it in all of the wrong ways. But still, thank you guys! :)
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Aimiexoxo wrote: »

Okay. I downloaded and installed all of those things and my game is still the same as before, just with some options when you click on a Sim. I'm not getting notifications saying that people are giving birth or getting married, and I can't see any progress with any other Sims or anything. This mod is so vanilla, unless I'm using it in all of the wrong ways. But still, thank you guys! :)

Yeah, freshly installed it's defaulted to mimic a lot of in-game settings, you've really got to play with settings to fix those how you want.

My preference (now that I know what most things do) is to run the game and GET the config file, then I quit the game and use Notepad++ to edit my settings. But it's not hard in the game (using a computer)... I just don't care for that much clicking.

Here's SOME of what I have going on... just for reference. Check the mod's description page, if you click through the blue buttons, there's default settings and a LOT of other info there. :)

"Cleaner_BypassFamilyGhosts": true,
    "Cleaner_CleanGhosts": true,

"Logging_Append": true,
    "Logging_Enabled": true,
    "Pause_on_Zone": true, (GAMECHANGER SETTING!!!)

"Population_BypassCulling": true,
    "Population_MaximumHomeless": 25,
    (cuts down on the number of incoming new sims to your bin)
    "Population_MoveOutElders": false,
    "Population_MoveOutSingleSim": false,
    "Population_OpenHouses": 1, (per map, not total lots)

"Population_RandomizeVisitingSims": true, (Fairly New)

"Population_ShowAgeUpNotifications": true,
    "Population_ShowDeathNotifications": true,
    "Population_UseCustom": true, (MUST enable for ANY Population routines to work!!!)

"Pregnancy_BypassActiveRomanticInterest": true,
    "Pregnancy_BypassPlayedHouseholds": true,
    "Pregnancy_CanMarryWOPregnancy": true,

"Pregnancy_OnlyMarriedPregnancy": false,
    "Pregnancy_PauseOnPlayableLabor": true, (NEW!)

"Show_Notifications": true,
    "Show_Sim_Menu": true,

"Tuner_AutoMarriage": true, (Tuner-NEW)
    "Tuner_AutoMean": false,
    "Tuner_AutoMischief": false,