Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ummm...

Can you tell me a bit about the metrics you collect on player behaviour, and how that shapes the game?

Rachel Franklin: We use it to think, ‘Are people even getting to the incredible content that we put into the game?’ If we find that people aren’t getting to see certain content or certain gameplay moments, we know we have to change something in the game. So we’ll use it for something like tuning. We’ll also say, ‘You know what? People aren’t really using this skill so much – maybe they prefer these other skills. Why don’t we make more of the things that they like?’ It’s really telling when you put together what people are saying they want with what they are actually doing in the game – it’s sometimes quite different.

I hope this isn't a basis they use for not including family play. :::face palm:::
heartstopper-couple.gif

Comments

• Options
    Kira101xKira101x Posts: 276 Member
    I hope the same thing. She talks about how people are saying one thing but their game play is different and that's just a ridiculous statement. Of course the game play is different! We want things that are not in the game, how can that be viewed through some in game metrics they somehow collect? There's really only one thing to do and that's throw parties and play with young adults since family game play is incomplete and basically useless so I really hope that they aren't basing all their future expansions off of their lack of game play options.
  • Options
    BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    Kira101x wrote: »
    I hope the same thing. She talks about how people are saying one thing but their game play is different and that's just a ridiculous statement. Of course the game play is different! We want things that are not in the game, how can that be viewed through some in game metrics they somehow collect? There's really only one thing to do and that's throw parties and play with young adults since family game play is incomplete and basically useless so I really hope that they aren't basing all their future expansions off of their lack of game play options.

Yes, this is my concern. :(
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Options
    IggIgg Posts: 275 Member
    Did she happen to list examples of the incredible content? I'm fairly certain I've missed them.
  • Options
    Kira101xKira101x Posts: 276 Member
    Igg wrote: »
    Did she happen to list examples of the incredible content? I'm fairly certain I've missed them.

Nope. She talks about all this "in-depth game play" that we miss out on or can't find but she conveniently leaves out any examples of what they might be.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yeah it was very confusing. Ah telemetry data collecting isn't alway accurate especially when I like to play offline. But yeah I think all that telemetry data collection with the Sims 3 is why the Sims 4 turned out as it is and so singles focused. Because players like me who like to play with families aren't going to like having Maxis spying on us while we are playing the Sims. Simmers are smart enough to block user data sharing. If Maxis really wants to know how we play, they can ask us personally. I'm not going to share my personal computer information with them just so they can make blindfolded dart shots of what they think Simmers want.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    They do it thru origin while were playing.
  • Options
    IggIgg Posts: 275 Member
    They would probably be better served by going to ModtheSims and seeing which fixes players download the most.
  • Options
    BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    Moved to feedback. Boooo. :-P
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    There is no way she can actually be dense enough to seriously believe that people may not be focusing on certain aspects of play because we just don't care for those aspects and to think that we only want MORE of the only things there are to do in the game.

Yeah Rachel, we LOVE the cooking skill.... because how else are our sims going to eat? No no, don't think too hard about it. We must be using that skill a lot because we just love it so much, not because you've stripped the game to bare bones and we don't have any restaurants to go to or anything but pizza to order over the phone. Yes, PLEASE, don't look into this too much, we want 50 million more types of cooking skills.

And yes, people aren't playing much with families because we just hate family gameplay and LOVE partying. Please give us more young adult party content.

No one is that dense. I wish she just wouldn't say anything instead of spewing garbage like this.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    This is exactly the problem with TS right now. They really need to stop monitoring how we play. If they wanna know, check the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 forums! There's feedback until the cows come home.

They're so keen to take stuff away yet the whole point of this game is having options. There is a TON of stuff in TS2 I haven't even touched yet and I've been playing that game, on and off, for 10 years.

This game, of late, seriously just has me thinking WTP allllll the time. Smh.

--T