Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition to allow GPS and SPs sold in Stores in non-US Countries! OR at least EA giftcards

MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
edited August 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I recently learned that Canadian pre-paid Vista cards don't work on Origin. So that means anyone who is Canadian have NO way unless they use if they are under 18 or don't work their parents' credit card of buying sims 4 GPs/SPs. And when you also think of the fact that EA/Origin gift cards are not for sale any place expect U.S. and even if I went and bought such a thing there is 100% guarantee of it NOT working. Petition if you want GPs/SP to be sold in stores or at least allow non-US countries to get EA/Origin gift cards

Sold in Stores
1,MadamleLee
2.4.Plumbob_theif
3 Evil_One
4.MEMINA11
5.Iboken
6.ANNARUBANANA
7.anettsesb
8.Pam4402003

EA/Origin Gift Cards

1.MadameLee
2.luithienrising
3.CONCLUE
4.kimilatif
5.MEMINA11
6.Iboken
7.anettsesb
6adMCGP.gif
Post edited by MadameLee on

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I really don't understand why they don't sell gift cards everywhere they sell boxed games. The UK apparently has them, and some other companies sell their gaming gift cards in Canada, so ...

Signed, on behalf of my teenage son.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    I would argue for EA Cash cards definitly. That's silly that they are not.

However, I'm not going to lie. The vast difference in price vs content of what we get by having GP's and SP's as DLC only is a big difference. By removing the cost of production/shipping/storage of these releases, we're getting more for the money. Additionally, the loss of the Sims 3 store concept saves money on cost as well because they don't have to "host" that massive online catalog and purchasing system and pay someone to maintain it. By offering everything as DLC straight up, it makes it cheaper for us for the add on packs, beyond expansions.

I think expansion packs should still be offered everywhere in stores tho. But for the smaller packs? DLC all the way. I was once against it, but man the process gives us more for the buck. 10$ for LPS? That's a great deal for 50 objects when 2 of them are PC items. That would run a lot of money in the Sims 3 store. At least double.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Have your parents to open a Pay Pal account for you. (you must be 18) They are international, they have great buyer protections, they have never been hacked and your parents can fund the account with their bank account or credit card.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Have your parents to open a Pay Pal account for you. (you must be 18) They are international, they have great buyer protections, they have never been hacked and your parents can fund the account with their bank account or credit card.

Not an option since my sister has a paypal account and I think she's been hacked a couple of times
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited May 2015
    Sign me up, just because I'm weird and I like collecting the physical copies. Wish they'd sell them in stores everywhere.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

Not an option since my sister has a paypal account and I think she's been hacked a couple of times

Individuals have been hacked though their own actions such as responding to a phishing email. If you've had a PP account hacked it's because of something you've done. PayPal itself has never been hacked.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    kimilatifkimilatif Posts: 53 Member
    sign me up as well
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited May 2015
    /signed.

If EA are worried about costs, perhaps they could release compilation DVD's containing multiple stuff and game packs (with optional installation of each).

EDIT - I personally don't like digital downloads, you never can trust EA not to suddenly cut you off without any explanation *cough* SC2013 *cough*.
    raw
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Sign me up for the ea origin gift cards and gp and sp to be sold in canadien/quebec stores in other word for both :)
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    craftaholiccraftaholic Posts: 447 Member
    I feel for you. I understand what you are asking, and why. yet reality takes hold: unless you can get 15 to 20 thousand signatures, I don't see them taking the financial risk to enter into a contract with a gift card company that works in other countries. I do not know how popular the game is in other countries, but I do know it all comes down to profit. they started doing DLC's as a way of offering us product without a middle man so as to reduce the price we pay. gift cards bring back the middle man, and it has to be a large audience to justify it.

I hope they do give you what you want, just be realistic if they don't.
    Stop me if you've heard this one: a sim walks into a bar....player moves bar out of the way.....sim walks on without walking into anything else.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I feel for you. I understand what you are asking, and why. yet reality takes hold: unless you can get 15 to 20 thousand signatures, I don't see them taking the financial risk to enter into a contract with a gift card company that works in other countries. I do not know how popular the game is in other countries, but I do know it all comes down to profit. they started doing DLC's as a way of offering us product without a middle man so as to reduce the price we pay. gift cards bring back the middle man, and it has to be a large audience to justify it.

I hope they do give you what you want, just be realistic if they don't.

I do understand what you're saying. I don't want to have to make a paypal account and any other way people suggest are not options for a lot of places. Since for example like I said in the the OP Canadian pre-paid Visa cards don't work for Origin and EA/Orign aren't been sold anywhere in Canada-Target went under up here and Blockbuster Videos went under ages ago and I have a friend who works at Best Buy and I was in another Best Buy location and 0 EA/Origin Gift Cards. Having EA/Origin Gift Cards would really be useful I hear in one country which doesn't even have physical copies of GTW in part of I think Asia. And think of the children (teenagers) who are under 18 who play the game here in Canada? If their parents don't want to buy it via credit card they're out of luck.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    lbokenlboken Posts: 679 Member
    i agree even tho i buy with paypal on origin. it should be allowed to buy via in store or at least have redeemable card in stores everywhere cause other than that people with no paypal and no credit card can't buy any stuff from ea/origin and are stuck with no bonus and no expansion or game pack or stuff pack, it is unacceptable. both ways should be available for everyone . no matter where they lives. i remember when dragon valley was released in store only could buy on sims3 site and this one doesn't even accept paypal from canada. i tryed and tryed even called the support services of ea and they simply told me that it's not their fault its the credit card (i contacted the credit card and they claim its ea so they send the fault to each other what i found out is that they pass it as preauthorized or as re incurring instead of one time buy i wanted to have the world with the gold option wish had celtics furnitures, but i was afraid that the origin version or the cd copy wouldn't have the furnitures cause it was sold at the same price as the silver version i was lucky it was included since we didn't get simpoints. but i had to wait for several month before it was released that mode i wasn't happy at ea about that. when i play sims 3 i still buy only my simpoints on origin cause it accept paypal .
  • Options
    AnnarubananaAnnarubanana Posts: 48 Member
    I know it's strange but in really wish I could get physical copies of all the games. I just like going into a shop and deciding to buy it cos my computer can be really slow on Origin but not when it's downloading normal games!
  • Options
    I want to know if more people want this option
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    The only way I can get any other stuff packs or future gamepacks is begging my sister to use her paypal for me. The altertavie is asking EA to host contests on here like the Sims VIP do for the code for the game. I would love the Ice Cream stuff pack but I wouldn't be able to get it because of the fact its digtal only.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    yes I want games sold at stores, or cards to redeem games.
    it can be hard to get them in Denmark if not... and if your not 18.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    Besides making them on disks at least would be providing more jobs for people..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member

or better yet sell the codes at retail stores.
  • Options
    Cynel1 wrote: »

or better yet sell the codes at retail stores.
    I only know EB games is looking into doing that according to FB person.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    pam4402003pam4402003 Posts: 999 Member
    I would like to see them sold in stores. I am from the US. and I am one of those that like to have a physical copy of the games. I only own the base game for this reason!