Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Solution to Property Size and Cost Issues: Rentals!

I'd love to see apartments make a come back. It is a simple way to deal with the issues with space. But more importantly would work great with a big city world. But I don't really don't want an rabbit hole either. Like having random people living bellow, above or besides that can be nosy, noisy or rude. Also having an roomate service too. Not just tiny flats but like semi-detached houses too or rentble houses. Since houses cost so much why not allow renting. What you like to see with rentals?

Comments

• Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    I like that idea! newcrest would work perfectly with those sort of lots, Im hoping a Apartment life gamepack? :D
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    dg51829dg51829 Posts: 300 Member
    That would be perfect. I miss apartments. Since owning homes are so expensive there needs to be something. I mean you almost have to use cheats to get an home especially for families with lots of kids, which is another problem with apartments but you can use space efficient. Well if you like I don't know, bunk beds.
  • Options
    SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    Rental homes? Apartments? Lockable doors would be a must. With those, the sky's the limit. Oooh, highrises ;).
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,994 Member
    Yes, i would like to see apartments too, where we could have at least 8 sims living there. It is not feasible for all the sims to own. I think it would be cool if sims could also rent a home instead of buying. And, I think lockable doors is a must also.
  • Options
    If we ever get a expansion World Adventures for Sims $ we could rent out vacation homes for income. Instead of having to stay at the base camp/hotel we could rent a home. I think its a great idea I'd use all the time.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Reminds me of TS2 Apartment Life! I'd love more property options: rentals and mortgages. Who can afford to buy a house outright these days!? :D

I'd also like the ability to buy a home and rent it out, to BE the landlord and have to deal with issues like broken plumbing and nuisance tenants!

I always preferred the TS2 style apartments to the TS3 versions. Apartment Life was a great expansion. I liked how I could have multiple households living on one lot.
  • Options
    Yeah I loved that expansion in sims 2 it was so disappointing in sims 3.
  • Options
    You were trapped inside a tiny little box with black all over. It wasn't the best ever. But it did its job. I hope it comes out again soon.