Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you know what might have made me buy TS4?

If there was a feature where you could transfer stuff from TS3

Lets say you could transfer a family, you could transfer all Sims to a matching life stage, thus an adult male from TS3 would become an adult male in TS4. If his skin tone was medium, that would translate as a medium skin tone, you would then be able to choose a new hair style and their traits would need to be adjusted and some skills and careers could be transferred (thus if they where level 5 business in TS3, you could select level 5 business in TS4 if you wish)

Facial structures could also match, thus if they have a big nose made with the TS3 sliders, this could be made with the 'push and pull' in TS4's CAS, the program would do all the work for you

Once you have done this with all Sims in the family, their relationships would be matched, mother and father and their children ect and you could do this with the extended family. You could then have these Sims in a 'family bin' and select them to move into a house.

This program could work for lots and even worlds as well, lets say a TS3 world file can become a TS4 world file, roads will be in the same places as would the lots and lot sizes. Keeping it simple, spawners and effects can be left out for now (thus no balloons yet)

The program would let you transfer actual lots as well. So a 34x55 lot, can be transferred, all walls will be in place and objects like fire places would have an 'equivalent' and colours would be transferred assuming that TS4 had a CASt with a matching colour wheel. Now all you would need to do is add furniture but some basics could be matched, such as fridges and toilets.

I would do this with most lots, community lots would be matched to new community lots, a large park in TS3 can be matched to a large park in TS4, assuming that TS4 actually had more community lots you can edit, and a world editor tool.

Give me a few hours and all of my work from TS3 would be in TS4, I then slowly add in Sims and then carry on as usual.

Each time there is a new EP, this can be matched to a TS3 EP, thus if TS4 has Pets, you would be able to transfer pets into TS4 ect.

I know it might sound daft but why not have this program as there are some games where you can carry over your content from one game to another and I think that it could be great if it is well designed, assuming that TS4 had all the big stuff such as Open Worlds, all life stages ect.

Just an idea of mine, but that is one thing that might have tempted me to TS4 :smile:
Simbourne
screenshot_original.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Sanriel85Sanriel85 Posts: 362 Member
    Nice idea. I like it.
  • Options
    Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    :/ We *all* wanted that. At least I did. We can't even replicate any of our sims, worlds, or anything ourselves in Sims 4. Sims 4 is just..very different
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Sanriel85 wrote: »
    Nice idea. I like it.

Thanks I am glad you liked my ideas :smile:
    Icy_Lava wrote: »
    :/ We *all* wanted that. At least I did. We can't even replicate any of our sims, worlds, or anything ourselves in Sims 4. Sims 4 is just..very different

That's the thing, why not have this idea implemented?

So many good ideas have been passed by which has left so many players like me put off buying TS4 in the first place :disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    carla70carla70 Posts: 575 Member

I agree here. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    [

That's the thing, why not have this idea implemented?

So many good ideas have been passed by which has left so many players like me put off buying TS4 in the first place :disappointed:

This is a feature that has always been requested at least a few times throughout the series. I don't know why they never give us any features like that. I'm sure it is laziness. Instead we get multi-tasking that barely functions. Multi-tasking always seems to do what I don't want it to, and can't do what would make sense.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,410 Member
    That's a nice idea. Maybe transfer sims from TS2 as well...?
  • Options
    Another thing we all wanted ;)
  • Options

Why not? I actually was apprehensive about moving from 2 to 3 at first thinking I had to start everything again but I liked the look of TS3 so gave in and brought it. In fact, for the first 2 years of TS3 I was rebuilding my TS2 Sims (and some from TS1) and then started building my own world so I was busy for a long time.

I also enjoyed the new TS3 features along the way, when Late Night came out I created some celebrities and new ideas always come to me for making Sims but it would be a very good feature that would save me a lot of time.

Therefore I would have my old favourites made quickly and then I can enjoy the new features at the same time :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

I know what you mean. I wanted a lot of the objects and actions from The Sims to be added to TS2- updated and 3D'ed... It would have been Epic.- imo. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :)

I know what you mean. I wanted a lot of the objects and actions from The Sims to be added to TS2- updated and 3D'ed... It would have been Epic.- imo. :mrgreen:

Well I am sure you remember the Old Town, Pleasant View and Strangetown recreation projects in CAW where players literally made the old neighbourhoods in TS3 and remade all the Sims as well.

If players can do that, then surly someone somewhere would be able to make a program do that as well so it would be almost like literally upgrading your last save to an extent.

What had taken me between a year and two years in TS3, could be done in maybe a day and then I can enjoy the updated visuals and new features and then look forward to the up and coming EPs as well :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg