Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims attempting to eat before work

The Sims' AI doesn't understand the concept of Work restoring hunger. If they are hungry and it's time for work, they'll pretty much grab a plate/bowl even if it's near Work or School hours (example 2 hours).

Eating before work isn't necessary since Sims at Work automatically restore Hunger and Bladder but they'll do it anyway. I think in Get to Work, you do have to eat before starting a Profession since joining Sims at work won't restore Hunger automatically. Likewise, the Classes in The Sims 3 University Life and the Professions won't restore hunger during work.

TS3 had that problem too where Sims would grab leftovers or attempt to cook when it's time to work or go to school/class even though Work/School fills Hunger. There's no way to block the Sims from trying to grab food unless you turn off Autonomy but it's possible to cancel before the Sims open the fridge.

Do you think Sims should eat before work?
Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer

Comments

• Options
    lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
    Most the time no, they don't need to eat before, but I've had a few times where their needs did not refill at work. Probably a glitch...
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I'm going to say yes. I've seen times when my Sim was in a Fair mood in the second half of the work day because her needs were low, but not low enough to go full green before leaving work. I usually send my Sim to the kitchen roughly 90 minutes before they have to leave for work.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    I top off their needs before they sleep . Family sits at table, has meal, socializes, then they see to their hygiene. Then bed. Morning comes and they're fine for work.
  • Options
    MagicAndPancakesMagicAndPancakes Posts: 149 Member
    If I'm playing an active career I usually have them eat before working so I don't have to worry about their hunger tanking during their shift. If I'm not actively controlling them then I don't bother with it.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I like having my Sims have something to eat before they go to work/school -- since I usually have plenty of leftovers in the fridge (I usually do the Party Size for all the meals even if I only have 3 or 4 Sims in my household) it's easy for them to grab something. Looks a little weird when they have leftover Chicken Stir Fry or Camper's Stew for breakfast, though...
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    TheOpheliacTheOpheliac Posts: 170 Member
    I like having my Sims have something to eat before they go to work/school -- since I usually have plenty of leftovers in the fridge (I usually do the Party Size for all the meals even if I only have 3 or 4 Sims in my household) it's easy for them to grab something. Looks a little weird when they have leftover Chicken Stir Fry or Camper's Stew for breakfast, though...

Nah, that's realistic. If I was in a hurry to get to school/work, you'd better believe I'd get a quick plateful of that leftover chicken stirfry! :lol:

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    I think the lunch at work isn't before noon/certain hour. They try to eat before if they're hungry to have better work performance. Same with children.
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    My Sims are usually starting to get hungry in the morning, ie their hunger is just a little below or above half. It seems to me that having them eat makes work performance rise faster. When the needs bar gets into the yellow/orange I think the performance gauge won't rise much. If something causes them to get to bed late so they can't get up in time, I don't sweat it. But if they have time, why not? It seems realistic to have breakfast, but then maybe if a person doesn't eat it themselves, that would seem different.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited August 2015
    I guess I'm still in the S2 mindset. I'm under the impression that's sims progress faster/better when they go to work/school with all their needs topped off. My sims have always eaten breakfast before leaving. I would not like it if they didn't.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    I always top off their needs before work and before leaving the property. :)
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member
    Sometimes when my sim has no time, I will drag the food to his inventory before he goes to the active career. Then, I will make him eat once the lot is loaded.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    KevWalkerKevWalker Posts: 810 Member
    have2admit wrote: »
    I always top off their needs before work and before leaving the property. :)

Same here, my currenr couple usually wake up hungry! And that's despite getting 2 full meals a day. In the past I've usually been able to get by with one proper and one quick meal a day, but these greedy buggers scarf down 2 full meals a day and stay fit on it!

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Sims performance rises faster when they are in a good mood :) letting their needs fill up at work results in poorer performance, especially energy.
  • Options
    ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! LOL
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    When my sims hit orange and even yellow on anything I make sure I get on the needs. So I wake them up in the middle of the night to top them off then send them back to bed. If there is one bathroom that works well for me also. No morning issues.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    eclipsetrixxzeclipsetrixxz Posts: 1,534 Member
    I always feed my sims and give them coffee/tea/something to help their "mood" lol
    353235_b.jpg
  • Options
    Sim ShadySim Shady Posts: 297 Member
    I usually just make them take the right type of shower or look up stuff on the computer to get them in the right mood if they're not in an active career, and as long as their energy and fun are okay, I send them to work without eating because their hunger bar generally goes up to green while they're there anyway (same with school).
    duck.jpg