Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is Get Together an EP instead of a GP?

I'm not a troll. I'm not trying to be a hater. I have every pack that has come out for TS4. But after watching that trailer I'm trying to understand what's the point of making Get Together an EP. I didn't see anything there that couldn't have made a great GP. Can someone enlighten me? Or do you guys feel the same? Is it the swimming hole/pond thing? The beach bonfire? The fact that it comes with a full neighborhood and not a sub hood like OR? I'm just hoping there is way more to this pack or I'm waiting for a half off sale to get it. Because from what we've see it's not work EP status.
[img][/img]2hf78fn.jpg
Check out this YouTube Channel! MySimsVideos has Mod Tutorials, Game Reviews & GIVEAWAYS! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_HOU-s_hNldYgy86_waGAA?app=desktop&persist_app=1

Comments

• Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I think that is a legit question myself.

The trailer didn't provide any clue to what additional gameplay is to be added, but it does look more like an OR type pack than an expansion to me.

There was a lot of gameplay added in GTW, so my expectations is that there will be a similar amount here.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    It's hard to tell.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    edited August 2015
    Maybe there's more info to be released?
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    I suspect it's a bit too big to be a GP, it would be nice if they did a more comprehensive trailer that actually shows gameplay from the pack.
    raw
  • Options
    SimCarlexSimCarlex Posts: 349 Member
    I sure hope so, right now I just don't get the point of Get Together as an EP...
    I once started a Sims blog called My Sims Pieces (snapshots and stories from the lives of my Sims) and maybe I'll get back to it one day...
  • Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited August 2015
    Mightydan wrote: »

There's no need to be rude. Ea just announced an Ep, but didn't actually tell or show us the reason why it's an Ep. Whether there's more info to come or not, that's a pretty odd way of announcing an Ep.

Ah I see you changed you post as I posted this. therefore my rude comment no longer applies.
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options

Almost certainly. They have just unleashed the hype train - it has a two month track to run yet.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member

I am thinking this too. It's not releasing until November(?), there's a lot of time to drip feed us little bits at a time.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sim2SporeSim2Spore Posts: 284 Member
    From the rough English translation of the Dutch TS4 blog on it, we will have the option of running our own clubs and being DJs, I suppose. It's kind of like a mashup of Nightlife, Late Night, and Showtime. And if you really think about it, the base games current lots used for outing are all just renamed versions of the same thing.

Lounge: Drink, sit, listen to comedy, music, or dance
    Nightclub: Drink, dance, listen to music
    Bar: Drink, dance, listen to music
    Park: Sit, play chess, take in nature?

We don't technically have "local swimming pool" as a lot type, so they're adding in public swimming areas. The dancing done in bars and such is rather... plain and also kind of awkward if the lot isn't built around it, so they made DJ booths, possibly dance floors, and a dancing skill.

I guess you could say it got EP status because they felt that it expanded upon an area of the game (outings, not just YA partying) that was dull and lacking in fleshed out content.
  • Options
    TheOpheliacTheOpheliac Posts: 170 Member
    I think there's still a lot more info to release. It doesn't come out until November, after all.
  • Options
    SimsTiasSimsTias Posts: 1,622 Member
    This is what i've been saying. It's a 40 dollar Game pack.
    EA keeps getting lazier,
    Save the Sims Franchise!
    Owner of Simstias.blogspot.se
  • Options
    Sim2Spore wrote: »
    From the rough English translation of the Dutch TS4 blog on it, we will have the option of running our own clubs and being DJs, I suppose. It's kind of like a mashup of Nightlife, Late Night, and Showtime. And if you really think about it, the base games current lots used for outing are all just renamed versions of the same thing.

Lounge: Drink, sit, listen to comedy, music, or dance
    Nightclub: Drink, dance, listen to music
    Bar: Drink, dance, listen to music
    Park: Sit, play chess, take in nature?

We don't technically have "local swimming pool" as a lot type, so they're adding in public swimming areas. The dancing done in bars and such is rather... plain and also kind of awkward if the lot isn't built around it, so they made DJ booths, possibly dance floors, and a dancing skill.

I guess you could say it got EP status because they felt that it expanded upon an area of the game (outings, not just YA partying) that was dull and lacking in fleshed out content.

Running clubs, eh? By extension that means being able to run a pub. I'm sold ... lol.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Even tough I am myself confused, still, about the pack's theme, oh well, it does look like it brings alot of content so I guess it's an EP. But we don't have that much info anyways.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Blueboy2323Blueboy2323 Posts: 179 Member
    Because MONEY.

Honestly, this should be what GPs are. If Get Together was a GP and we got more competent EPs, I would be an extremely happy camper. Content to <insert local currency> ratio is a really really bad problem this time round.
    p3herocutin0mj8n.png
  • Options
    hafizchanhafizchan Posts: 232 Member
    SimsTias wrote: »
    This is what i've been saying. It's a 40 dollar Game pack.
    EA keeps getting lazier,

as hard as it to admit. Yes this definitely feels like a 40 dollar game pack.....
    Happiness!
    j9pm6g.gif
  • Options
    barraakenobarraakeno Posts: 489 Member
    [SARCASM]
    Well, tell me WHY you think it would fit as a Game Pack, I mean, with all the information that we know about it we should be able to determine how well and deep this EP is, aren't we?
    [/SARCASM]

(* The Sarcasm mark is just a visual note that I was being sarcastic, like this note)
    Brazilian guy here, so my English is not that good.

fB7mWIn.gif
    Spinning toilets confurm3d!!!!11!!1!1!!!!11!
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    The Sims 4 is just an unorganized mess, both in the game and out.
    • One game pack offers a whole mini-world for your Sim, and then the next one offers you just a venue.
    • Game packs/stuff packs receive an announcement around a week before they're due for release.
    • There are no scheduled expansion release dates like there was for ALL of the other Sims games (e.g. every 6 months for TS3).
  • Options
    taatelimiestaatelimies Posts: 105 Member
    edited August 2015
    Based on what we've now seen and read from the official site, this really does feel like a bloated GP. Making it a full expansion pack could be somewhat acceptable if they hadn't yanked up the prices of EPs. I can't see a scenario in which this could be worth 40 dollars (or euros for me).
    Origin ID: pinkb4tman | PSN: otttoe
  • Options
    barraakenobarraakeno Posts: 489 Member
    Based on what we've now seen and read from the official site, this really does feel like a bloated GP. Making it a full expansion pack could be somewhat acceptable if they hadn't yanked up the prices of EPs. I can't see a scenario in which this could be worth 40 dollars (or euros for me).

(or 80 reais (brazilian money) for me)

This EP have a mix concept, for me, of Livin' Large with Nighlife (EP from TS1 and TS2) and do not seems bad, but I want to see what is going to be possible with this, instead to go with my conception of a 2 minute trailer that """"""""""""SHOWS ALL THE FEATURES OF THE EP"""""""""
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    The Sims 4 is just an unorganized mess, both in the game and out.
    • One game pack offers a whole mini-world for your Sim, and then the next one offers you just a venue.
    • Game packs/stuff packs receive an announcement around a week before they're due for release.
    • There are no scheduled expansion release dates like there was for ALL of the other Sims games (e.g. every 6 months for TS3).
    • "the venue" has the same amount of new gameplay as the "mini world" and this two GP together almost worth a EP
    • So? This is not "unorganized mess" is just the way EA games marketing department thinks it's better to promote digital content.
    • There will be, we will start to see the pattern in no time, like... weeks after a GP an EP will be announced, right? An basically it will be a SP for each month (or 2)
    Brazilian guy here, so my English is not that good.

fB7mWIn.gif
    Spinning toilets confurm3d!!!!11!!1!1!!!!11!
  • Options
    Lenne42Lenne42 Posts: 80 Member
    barraakeno wrote: »
    [SARCASM]
    Well, tell me WHY you think it would fit as a Game Pack, I mean, with all the information that we know about it we should be able to determine how well and deep this EP is, aren't we?
    [/SARCASM]

(* The Sarcasm mark is just a visual note that I was being sarcastic, like this note)

Obviously you completely missed the press release and any other piece of information we've received. Here let me help you out a little. The rest you'll have to google, k?

Description

Welcome to Windenburg!
    Live it up in the beautiful world of Windenburg with The Sims 4 Get Together! Explore picturesque landmarks like the sprawling hedge maze at the garden chateau, alluring pools at the bluffs, and the mysterious ancient ruins. Grab a delicious espresso from the barista at the café, chat up your crush at the pub, and dance all night at the discotheque. Get together for exciting group activities like foosball, midnight bonfires, super-secret dance parties, and more! Sims can also join different clubs with distinct personalities and styles to meet new Sims and live it up!

KEY FEATURES

Explore a new world. Discover the beautiful world of Windenburg! Explore its scenic neighborhoods including the charming traditional countryside, bustling town square, ultra-modern business district, and exclusive private island.

Meet new Sims. There’s just something about Sims from Windenburg that makes you want to meet them all. Join different clubs, each with their own interests, personalities, and styles. Can’t find the perfect club? Create and customize your own. Playing with different clubs unlocks unique rewards for Sims to enjoy.

Rule the dance floor. Take the party to the next level with new DJ & dancing skills. Pump up the crowd by creating the perfect mix in the DJ booth, then jump on the dance floor and show off all new dance moves.

Party anywhere. Throw parties anytime, anywhere! Head out to the ruins or any local hotspot, and set up the DJ booth to get the party started. Build a bonfire to heat things up, dare other Sims to get into some hilarious situations, and sneak away for a quick romp in the bushes with that special Sim.

Get styled. Use the new walk-in closet to try on a variety of different outfits with other Sims to get their reactions – for better or worse. Select outfits for all of your Sims and get ready for a big night out. Feeling frisky? Sneak into the closet for a little WooHoo while no one’s watching.
    [img][/img]2hf78fn.jpg
    Check out this YouTube Channel! MySimsVideos has Mod Tutorials, Game Reviews & GIVEAWAYS! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_HOU-s_hNldYgy86_waGAA?app=desktop&persist_app=1
  • Options
    Lenne42Lenne42 Posts: 80 Member

YUP! It seriously looks & feels that way. People are saying its nightlife which is just sad IMO. Nightlife should be a city that never sleeps with vampires. Not a college town with a DJ booth. Although EPs have always been $35.99-$39.99 for me. But I always got it right away. It's the simmers that waited a few weeks/months for a sale that got it cheaper.
    [img][/img]2hf78fn.jpg