Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 is a dishevelled mess of a game series (and other rants)

Blueboy2323Blueboy2323 Posts: 179 Member
edited August 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
[deleto my god baby me was an angry boy]
p3herocutin0mj8n.png
Post edited by Blueboy2323 on

Comments

• Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    edited August 2015
    Yea.....I am not going read all of that :/
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    You're not alone, i'm not sure anyone really understands what this Ep is about. Perhaps the cringe worthy dancing at the end was to try and distract those watching, so they didn't realize that they just announced an Ep with no really clear purpose.
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I see they have a new way of doing things. Mash up all the good EPs into one really plummy one then realease SP amd GP that are overall better than the EP lol
  • Options
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    I see they have a new way of doing things. Mash up all the good EPs into one really plummy one then realease SP amd GP that are overall better than the EP lol
    This is a nice summation of what I'm trying to say, actually. It feels like they're Frankensteining a bunch of ideas together for the main EP's and then throwing out whatever they forgot or couldn't fit in through GPs. Honestly, I wouldn't mind this model as a way to include smaller gameplay ideas that don't fit the theme of a main expansion...if they main expansions had a theme to begin with. Right now it's a mess.
    p3herocutin0mj8n.png
  • Options
    hafizchanhafizchan Posts: 232 Member
    edited August 2015
    Wow. Reading all that made me really sad.
    I just cant believe this is happening to my favourite franchise.... GTW had good hype from the first trailer..... and with each coming info it just gets better....
    Get together's trailer left me on the fence.... and reading the new blog notes ended up in dissapointment... I really hope that we're all wrong and that there's just more of it yet to be revealed.....

Sigh... I just ruined my own day... :'(
    Happiness!
    j9pm6g.gif
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    This is a nice summation of what I'm trying to say, actually. It feels like they're Frankensteining a bunch of ideas together for the main EP's and then throwing out whatever they forgot or couldn't fit in through GPs. Honestly, I wouldn't mind this model as a way to include smaller gameplay ideas that don't fit the theme of a main expansion...if they main expansions had a theme to begin with. Right now it's a mess.

Not to mention that the EPs are really poorly done. It's really really bad. They should really try focusing on a single theme again and do a full EP on that instead of making an EP that doesn't have a single full feature. Every feature feels half done. Graham was so quick to say they won't add toddlers in release because they don't want to shoehorn them in but that's all they've been doing.
  • Options
    Simmer_RaySimmer_Ray Posts: 534 Member
    I know how you feel I woke to watching the stream of the press conference on twitch and was highly disappointed and confused it was like nobody was impressed by the look of it the was clapping for plants vs zombies that world not even a new world it a scrap world they was using to make the sims 4 but scrap it cause they didn't like it but yet there trying to pass it off as new and act like they didn't tell use I feel the rating for this game need to be change
    6d857729b5cf50b45c3a0cb8a112146f.gif
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    Too bad. The party aspect is a thing that keeps me coming back to The Sims 4. Otherweise I would not even touch this half-baked offline MMO.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    I feel you man. This is really heart wrenching for me. I like the idea of clubs but why is it in a lame storybook looking town and not a city. No cars still. Guess we'll be walking together too..lame

• Options
    SlayeurTownSlayeurTown Posts: 211 Member
    Actually I was done with buying from the Sims 4 franchise right after the base game. I didn't get anything other than the base game which I have mildly enjoyed for a limited amount of time. It's not that I hate the game, it's that it's empty, dead and completely rushed. Plus I'm not gonna waste money on expansions I already bought thrice (sims 1, sims 2, sims 3). I have given enough money to EA and the Sims franchise. It's over. I still play the sims 3 and will keep to the sims 3. The sims 4 will be the death of the Sims franchise anyway.
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    edited August 2015
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Yea.....I am not going read all of that :/
    Wonderful contribution to the discussion. Glad you could pop by.

You're welcome, thank you for being rude :)
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    I guess you kind of missed all the info that's out there lol
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    TS4 is not my favorite installment, but I'm also glad that I don't have to buy ts1, ts2 and ts3 allover again. It breaks the mold and it is lighthearted and funny enough to feel good about playing it when I do load it up. Just be glad that it isn't another zombie survival horror coverbased shooter with crafting.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    kovu0207 wrote: »
    You're not alone, i'm not sure anyone really understands what this Ep is about. Perhaps the cringe worthy dancing at the end was to try and distract those watching, so they didn't realize that they just announced an Ep with no really clear purpose.

Yes I am one of those who still have no idea if this was an EP or a stuff Pack.
    Very bad trailer
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member

Yes I am one of those who still have no idea if this was an EP or a stuff Pack.
    Very bad trailer
    Expansion pack to be released in November.
    http://simsvip.com/2015/08/04/the-sims-4-get-together-expansion-pack-announced/
  • Options
    dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    I'm just sick of all the complaints here. Seriously this forum should have two parts. One where people can actually talk about the game and one where people can complain about it.
  • Options
    MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited August 2015
    dorcsyful wrote: »
    I'm just sick of all the complaints here. Seriously this forum should have two parts. One where people can actually talk about the game and one where people can complain about it.

It would work if people posted in the feedback section...

A lot of the "complaint's thread" have been moved there already

• Options
    Disclaimer: not been around for the day, so if I've missed any post trailer info the OP/any following responses might be off. If you feel the urge to correct me, do be civil about it.
    TS4 is not my favorite installment, but I'm also glad that I don't have to buy ts1, ts2 and ts3 allover again. It breaks the mold and it is lighthearted and funny enough to feel good about playing it when I do load it up. Just be glad that it isn't another zombie survival horror coverbased shooter with crafting.
    I'd love to agree with this, but this isn't brand new content. Sure, it's not a direct rehash of a past expansion, but it is a rehash of different areas of previous expansions. This looks like something I could pull off in Bon Voyage if I went to a holiday destination an then threw a party. Even the spinning torch thing was in BV.

I would *love* brand new expansion pack ideas instead of redos of expansions that've already been done, but considering the creative capacity the current dev team have shown so far I know that's never happening. My next best bet is to hope they come out with tried and true expansions, maybe add some new things to spice stuff up, and not completely wreck it in the process.
    Maybe...that's a problem with the game, and not necessarily the people? Are we just supposed to kick back and ride it out even if we are unsatisfied? And before anyone says "feedback section lol" anyone who's visited a forum at any point knows all the traffic is in the general discussion forum. You'll be lucky if even a fraction of those people bother to hit up the dedicated sections.
    p3herocutin0mj8n.png
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited August 2015

So... talking about the game=only positive comments?

People ARE talking about they game, they are mostly just not gushing over it. It's not like people are coming in here clogging up the forums with random dissatisfaction over the quality of the broccoli being sold in their local stores..