The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nvidia graphics cards?

I've been noticing alot of the people with issues have ATI cards. Is there anyone with an Nvidia card having issues with the game crashing/glitching? I've seen instances where a particular video card manufacturer was having specific problems with a game (something in their drivers)...if that's the case, we'll need to bug ATI not EA :-)

Yes, I know there may be some folks with ATI's that are running awesome - but I'm just curious :-D

Comments

• Options
    sweetheart509sweetheart509 Posts: 30 Member
    edited June 2009
    I have an Nvidia card, and my graphics are messed up and my game is crashing after only a few minutes. :cry:

Edited to add: I'm using a NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS card.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    carlosjuerocarlosjuero Posts: 172 New Member
    edited June 2009
    nVidia here with no issues - but its a higher end nVidia (Laptop version) so I would hope for now issues.
  • Options
    kick3ldkick3ld Posts: 37 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I don't know your tech level but do you have the most recent driver for your card? I have a Nvidia and started having some screen tearing with other games until I updated.
  • Options
    HaddiemommyHaddiemommy Posts: 39 Member
    edited June 2009
    Yep, my game has crashed twice and I have an Nvidia geforce 8600GT
  • Options
    ChevrefoilChevrefoil Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009
    My game runs fine >.< I have Nvidia 8800 GTX. I was just guessing at trying to find solutions for folks...guess that's not it!

I was wondering if maybe there were some user access issues with Vista, particularly with the people saying that they can get the launcher, but the game won't start
  • Options
    DolletDollet Posts: 2,322 New Member
    edited June 2009
    ATI 4870 and have no problems.
  • Options
    Paul01ChimanPaul01Chiman Posts: 34 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Nvidia 9600 GTX, crashes after half a hour or so.
  • Options
    retroryan1981retroryan1981 Posts: 171 Member
    edited June 2009
    nVidia 6150 LE and having probs also
  • Options
    SandrahSandrah Posts: 27 New Member
    edited June 2009
    nVidia 8800GTS here, downloaded the lasted driver before I played and played for 7 hours straight without a single issue, was plesantly surprised at how well it ran at max settings @ 1080p res at that.
  • Options
    Ocelot90Ocelot90 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have two Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 running in SLI, and the game crashes constantly, every 10-15 minutes, and my graphic drivers are up to date.
  • Options
    etherealethereal Posts: 107 Member
    edited June 2009
    No problems with Nvidia GTX 280 with April 09 drivers.
  • Options
    SmokaColaSmokaCola Posts: 111 New Member
    edited June 2009
    ATI 4870 1GB and I'm having no issues with graphics after disabling Adaptive AA in my control panel.
  • Options
    NarumiNarumi Posts: 166 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Nvidia GeForce G100 and so far no problems.

When I got my new computer, I made sure the video card was on the recommended video card list for sims 3. :)
  • Options
    SimGuru_VixitSimGuru_Vixit Posts: 1,160 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Hi everyone,

Please make sure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements. For reference, the minimum system requirements and list of supported video cards can be found here:

https://easims.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easims.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=20909

If your system does meet the minimum system requirements, please make sure all your device drivers are current. For assistance with updating your device drivers, please read and follow the steps listed here:

https://easims.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easims.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=10711

Also make sure to check the Master Help Thread for solutions, which is updated with new information as it comes in:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/3714.page#21080

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top