Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I cant help but feel a little bit ripped off

Hi i dont mean for this to be a rant, but i just cant shake the feeling that this game has been so striped down with features that it doesn’t hold weight with the sims 2(the sims 3 story progression is a nice step though but in no way is it fleshed out enough). Granted #2 had all those expansion packs but why is it alot of the features in those did not carry over to this game? And i can only imagine they did not include things just to re-hash them again in expansion packs. The sims store is just the biggest slap in the face to top it off. I dont know but this game just feels.....boring. :?

Comments

• Options
    UnegoonoUnegoono Posts: 82 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The base version of the Sims 2 was pretty boring itself. Fact many simmers didn't start playing it till expansions were released for it. Same can be said here.

However I agree about the store. I refuse to ever spend a cent there, even my free points wont be wasted on that money milking scheme.
  • Options
    SimmieKSimmieK Posts: 2,323 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I guess I can agree with you a little bit.
    It should have came with more content. But ohwell..
  • Options
    RuyoayoRuyoayo Posts: 113 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Sorry you feel this way.

Personally, I got more than I expected.
  • Options
    FatCatFatCat Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited June 2009
    Really? I think it's wonderfull for a base game
    and I'm enjoying it very much.
    So many new little things. The new social interactions
    are great and dynamic. The traits are fun!

Sure, I have my little petpeeves (like no half-walls, grrrrr)
    but the positives clearly and positively outweigh the negatives.
    There are so many improvements that I missed or
    were plain annoying in TS2.

I don't know your playstyle, but I find playing with (one)
    perfect sim (all positive,'normal' traits) can indeed
    get boring a bit. I much prefer the 'negative' and weird traits,
    it's more fun :D

Include the Create-A-Style feature and I think it's a pretty
    **** good base game (better then TS2 base game)

Put dispenser hereanimaatjes-cupcake-13719.gif
  • Options
    BURNS81BURNS81 Posts: 51 New Member
    edited June 2009
    FatCat wrote:
    Really? I think it's wonderfull for a base game
    and I'm enjoying it very much.
    So many new little things. The new social interactions
    are great and dynamic. The traits are fun!

Sure, I have my little petpeeves (like no half-walls, grrrrr)
    but the positives clearly and positively outweigh the negatives.
    There are so many improvements that I missed or
    were plain annoying in TS2.

I don't know your playstyle, but I find playing with (one)
    perfect sim (all positive,'normal' traits) can indeed
    get boring a bit. I much prefer the 'negative' and weird traits,
    it's more fun :D

Include the Create-A-Style feature and I think it's a pretty
    **** good base game (better then TS2 base game)

Im pretty old now i guess i bought the sims 1 when it was first released ( i was in high school then i believe), Then i remember when the sims 2 was released in 2004 just how improved the was over the first game...but the sims 3 for me just doesn’t seem like that big of a leap from #2. Im just upset with the lack of content mainly in the base game only to have to BUY content in the store or wait for expansions.
  • Options
    dajghoti25dajghoti25 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Ok! Although I do like the trait concept and the Idea of opportunity. I must admit "The Sims 3" really does seem "watered" down and as progression goes I feel it should be placed between "The Sims 1" and "The Sims 2". Maybe I was expecting too much but this is NOT the game they were promising. I am very disappointed Avatars really need to be pushed more than ever. I actually thought that we would be able to follow our avatars around a fully functional town not just sit outside office buildings will they work or the "Diner" when they eat. At least we are allowed to watch them read in the library. Well I'm off to try it again or maybe just pull out my own teeth with pliers, either, or.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    dajghoti25 wrote:
    Ok! Although I do like the trait concept and the Idea of opportunity. I must admit "The Sims 3" really does seem "watered" down and as progression goes I feel it should be placed between "The Sims 1" and "The Sims 2". Maybe I was expecting too much but this is NOT the game they were promising. I am very disappointed Avatars really need to be pushed more than ever. I actually thought that we would be able to follow our avatars around a fully functional town not just sit outside office buildings will they work or the "Diner" when they eat. At least we are allowed to watch them read in the library. Well I'm off to try it again or maybe just pull out my own teeth with pliers, either, or.

THAT was the word i was looking for watered down. Well put.
  • Options
    dodow1234dodow1234 Posts: 124 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Ruyoayo wrote:
    Sorry you feel this way.

yeah same here, I pretty bored with sims2 and all of its expansion. So I never expected that ts3 to be better than that, especially after seing very average trailer IMO. But after I download the torrent I play it for a while, I think this is far better than ts2. So then I proceed to order the etail version :)
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    dodow1234 wrote:
    Ruyoayo wrote:
    Sorry you feel this way.

yeah same here, I pretty bored with sims2 and all of its expansion. So I never expected that ts3 to be better than that, especially after seing very average trailer IMO. But after I download the torrent I play it for a while, I think this is far better than ts2. So then I proceed to order the etail version :)

LOL i love your steam download screen
  • Options
    LoxlyLoxly Posts: 152 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Ruyoayo wrote:
    Sorry you feel this way.

I am too gonna have to agree with this.
  • Options
    GaronneGaronne Posts: 101 New Member
    edited June 2009
    BURNS81 wrote:
    dajghoti25 wrote:

THAT was the word i was looking for watered down. Well put.
    Yeah, I think you're right. I mean... It isn't something BIG I am missing in the game... Just a few small things... Obvious things, I might say...

I don't mind the offices being rabitholes... That's just fine. How would you add the "sneak up to your boss" or "Hand out with friends" or "hide in tool-cabin" anyways?

But what about locking doors? Why can't you lock your doors anymore in Sims 3? That's horrible...

Why do bikes and cars spawn out of nowhere, without your sims driving them? (Ok, you can place your car anywhere you want now, which is a nice thing, too, but was it an one or the other question??)

Stripping of memories was a (very very) bad idea too...

And I hate my first family being tampered with, when I want to play a second family in the same town. (I heard personal inventory gets randomized and crap like that... I want to secure my family) I want to play the kid's of my sim, too. And I don't want them to live in the same house (would be horrible, 3 kids, 3 wifes, max. 2 kids total because of limitation...).

There are so many small things that have been tampered for worse...
  • Options
    purple_gal4purple_gal4 Posts: 18 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree, I was so excited about this.
    But I just doesn't seem worth all the hype - not what I was execting at all. Granted I haven't been able to play on it for a decent length of time yet due to a problem with my RAM but at the moment I have to say I am disappointed. :(
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited June 2009
    Loxly wrote:
    Ruyoayo wrote:
    Sorry you feel this way.

I am too gonna have to agree with this.

So am I!

Most expansive base sims game ever, just like all the reviews are saying.
    Base games never had all that much "stuff" but at least with the design tools I can still make everything match wonderfully. I used to have to get sooo much custom content just to design things exactly like I wanted.

I am disappointed in some of the missing things, like hot tubs, but there's a lot more in the game that was never part of a base game before to make up for it, at least imho.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    jonas3333jonas3333 Posts: 240 Member
    edited June 2009
    I also have to say this is the most amazing game I have ever played. It blows the top off of the other Sims versions. This game has SO much to offer and I'll be playing it until the day I die(unless that's years and years from now and they have a Virtual Reality Sims or something. :) I couldn't be happier with this game.