Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Newbie here. Can't get mods to work.

Hi! I'm following all instructions I can find, but my game is not recognizing the mods at all. I have script mods enabled. Any help or ideas?

Comments

• Options
    JoshuaSkylarJoshuaSkylar Posts: 158 Member
    Where are you placing the mods? I've been playing on an MBA and it's been working for me. Make sure the mod is updated, and the mods are placed in the Electronic Arts folder in Documents.
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,660 Member
    Documents> Electronic Arts> The Sims 4> Mods> Packages (place them in the Packages folder)

And you have a program to extract the files, right? If not you should download 'Win- Zip' or 'Win-Rar'. I use 'Win-Rar'. :)
  • Options
    HeatherNickelHeatherNickel Posts: 41 Member
    @JoshuaSkylar - I'm placing them in the EA>Sims4>Mods folder

@Astro - I don't have a packages folder in my mods folder. I'm just placing them in the Mods folder as all sites/videos instruct. It's just a .zip file, so I'm dragging it into the mods folder, and opening it up using the built in archive utility. I have also tried another file opener just to see if it helped, but I still had the same outcome.
  • Options
    You got Resource.cfg and unpackedmod folder in the Mods folder?
  • Options
    @JoshuaSkylar - I only have the resource.cfg.
  • Options
    Can't say for certain making an unpackedmod folder will make everything start working but I'd give it a go. It's just an empty folder.
  • Options
    Just tried it. No luck.
  • Options
    Hmmm. I just noticed that they are unzipping as .pyo files. I've never heard of that. Perhaps that's the problem. I'm going to try a different mod.
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,781 Member
    edited July 2015
    Here's some info on .pyo files

Although it sounds like you started with that. Hmm...did you try restarting the game after enabling scripts?
  • Options
    MkinsMkins Posts: 79 Member
    Unless it's a .package file in your mod folder, I don't think it will work. I read in another forum that you do not unzip them. It seems they are related to something called python.
  • Options
    @JoshuaSkylar - I'm placing them in the EA>Sims4>Mods folder

@Astro - I don't have a packages folder in my mods folder. I'm just placing them in the Mods folder as all sites/videos instruct. It's just a .zip file, so I'm dragging it into the mods folder, and opening it up using the built in archive utility. I have also tried another file opener just to see if it helped, but I still had the same outcome.
    Hi. :)

Here's a guide by SimsVip, ---> http://simsvip.com/2014/08/22/how-to-install-custom-content-in-the-sims-4/

She also has a YouTube video showing how to install Mods and CC if you don't understand the guide. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Thanks for the help, y'all. It was apparently an outdated/non-updated mod. I have successfully installed a couple others. Thanks for helping out a newb. :)
  • Options
    Glad we could help. :)