Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How big is your Downloads folder?

SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
I could've of sworn there was a thread like this already. :s I'm currently at 2GB and still downloading stuff.
i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/

Comments

• Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Mine is only 18 MB, but right now I only have a bunch of mods in there. I have a bunch of cc I have never put back in; it used to total several GB.
  • Options
    Rojo De GuyRojo De Guy Posts: 784 Member
    I could've of sworn there was a thread like this already. :s I'm currently at 2GB and still downloading stuff.

I'm with ya on that sister :s

Darn you CC makers and your talents!

(thankgoodness for CCleaner though) B)
    EfTVMcj.jpg
    "Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light"
  • Options
    Rflong13Rflong13 Posts: 682 Member
    I'm at 3GB but I'm moving it all and seeing what I want to keep and what I don't use.

I also have a Medieval/Fantasy/Victorian DL folder that I'm just building up again. XD
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    3.93GB
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    around 2,500 items in my download folder, then in my Medieval folder around 800.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    A lot of mine is default stuff. I found this amazing default website that replaces a lot of hairstyles and clothes from base + packs.

@Rojo De Guy I have no clue what CCleaner is so I will have to look that up.
    @Rflong7 I noticed there is a ton of medieval/fantasy themed stuff out there. Have fun sorting out CC. ;) Organizing has been nightmare for me.. I remember not caring and just throwing it into the Downloads folder.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Juliee101Juliee101 Posts: 479 Member
    A few MB.
    Can't go too crazy like the newer sims games.
  • Options
    RazingRazing Posts: 287 Member
    I have 1.32GB. I recently got rid of it all and start again with the cc as I had cc that I never used or liked xD I've told myself to stop downloading but I constantly look on tumblr and MTS and other websites for more cc! XP I'm being strict on what to download now though lol.
  • Options
    I kinda wanna get rid of some of my cc because my game frequently crashes (yet I get no lag). And my loading times are a bit long.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    HanskuHansku Posts: 1,735 Member
    Naumlyttoumlkuva%2065_zpssqvcrwlz.png
    I need to start cleaning up the folders again soon. >.>
    AlA2dUe.gif
    finnish | ♀ | ♓ | intp
  • Options
    wormofthebookwormofthebook Posts: 176 Member
    edited July 2015
    Hmm, I don't know how big is my downloads folder because I was paying attention to the size as I was moving it to my desktop in order to find bad cc, but I do know that I had 45,000+ cc in there and the whole UC folder was about 12 GB. Unfortunately I can't check because my hard drive failed on me. :s

I do know that I'm obsessed with downloading cc! I love custom content! :D
    ldauop39735.png
  • Options
    Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited July 2015
    Last time I played it was 73 gigabytes. It is so horrible I couldn't even more the folder without a lag when I wanted to experiment without it. It takes about an hour to open...And CAS and Bodyshop lag and take forever to open.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I said to myself "no more than 3GB", but it didn't go as planned :D! I do organize my downloads, so if I have a bad download or bug I can easily find the bad file. I think I have now over 5 GB of downloads and it will be more soon since so many people still create for TS2.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    Mine is 4.61GB now lol. I had to get more teen clothing.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    DorkDork Posts: 42 Member
    2.43 GB. Though the type of file isn't usually large, most of it is probably recolors (gotta have those color-matching sets)!
    Pokémon + Sims = my blog!
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    Mine's 775MB and still downloading :)
  • Options
    KaraStarsKaraStars Posts: 242 Member
    edited July 2015
    Mine is 6.88mb
    My CC
    KaraStars on the Gallery
  • Options
    milly001milly001 Posts: 394 Member
    i'm at roughly 2.69GB not inculding folders ive been too lazy to empty into my main folder.
  • Options
    Juniormints74Juniormints74 Posts: 288 Member
    I'm at 4GB so far. There's so many juicy goodies to choose from! I can't help myself! :)
  • Options
    GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    400MB: that's an enormous downsize from what I used to have years ago :D
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • Options
    5.16GB
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    thankucatgodthankucatgod Posts: 398 Member
    A few hundred MB. I'm going to start building my own hood soon, so it'll probably double, maybe even triple, in size. I need a lot of different clothes. I hate when my sims wear the same outfits. :s
  • Options
    tisvana18tisvana18 Posts: 33 Member
    8 Gigabytes. I was on the phone with an Origin support guy and casually mentioned about how it takes 15+ minutes for The Sims 2 to start and having to delete the Groups.cache every time.

Him: "How much Custom Content do you have?"
    Me: "18,000 files.."

Sometimes I feel ashamed, but then I go and build my sims another clinic and army barracks.
  • Options
    slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    Only 83MB right now, but it is steadily growing...
  • Options
    DiamondkoolDiamondkool Posts: 4,481 Member
    Before I removed some CCs, it was over 2 GB and it made the Sims 2 game load slower. It's now down to 1.83 GB. Thus loading is better now. If you have a 'Downloads' folder over 2GB, did it make your game loading slower?
    7ef6931fe80152dcec309a30cbe73f13.png
    Click on my signature to access my tumblr blog!