Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Camp Challenge

PearLadyPearLady Posts: 207 Member
Disclaimer: I have no idea if this one will work and am a newbie at challenges (and Sims, for that matter). So, please have patience with me as we continue onward. ;D

Copy/pasting what I've formulated so far.
-----------------------------
Sims 4 - The Camp Challenge
-----------------------------

The camp challenge involves taking care of kids at camp for a pre-determined amount of time (summertime). Unfortunately, the kids will still be attending school (we'll call this "summer school") because that's how the sims works and we want our sims to succeed. Other than that caveat, it'll be pretty much like camp - working on skills, making friends, campfire banter (if one has the outdoor retreat EP).

Start with 2 adults in camp, these will be your

Camp Counselors

Counselor requirements:
- may not have an outside job (job is running the camp)
- caring for all kids in camp, making sure they attend all activities, supervising and mentoring, making sure they have good food to eat*

*kids may not survive on "quick meals"; must eat food at prescribed times like breakfast/lunch/dinner

- must have relationship with all in camp. Does -not- have to be all loving, probably will seem more real if you have some sims that are friends, others that are "frienemies", variations in between. Keep in mind, there's no double beds, so woohoo is limited.

- speaking of woohoo, not will the kids are "at camp"; no double beds in this camp. However, if your sims can make enough to get a hot tub, you may use it as soon as the kids leave. (wink-wink) Although, trying for baby won't be an option because there's a full camp. If for some reason your camp has an opening due to death or homesickness, you can replace that kid with a baby.

- Just because woohoo is limited doesn't mean relationships are not - sims free to roam in camp. But be warned, if caught, penance but be paid. Penance takes the form of extra chores for sim(s) involved. Example: cleaning duty for the week.

- kids/teens should not be allowed in the staff house or access to staff equipment (hot tubs would be considered "staff only").

- so, because of above rule, counselors must maintain staff house clean/fixed up.

- counselors are responsible for providing activities / schedules for camp and enforcing them.

Teens
- no more than 2 at start.
- live in dorm
- must go to school
- when teen gets an "A" grade in school, becomes a "Counselor-In-Training" and be assigned camp teacher responsibilities to help the younger kids.
- if excels in aspiration(s), may be offered a position to come back to camp the next year/session as a counselor. Keep in mind, there are no more than 3 counselors at this camp.
- does camp chores in rotation will all kids
- attend a chapel or sing-a-long in chapel area once a week

kids
- all remaining spaces in the camp. By current household limits, should be 4 or 5 kids (depending on how many teens you have).
- must go to school
- kids that grow up in camp and excel may be promoted through the ranks easier (offered higher camp

jobs CIT and Counselor)
- does camp chores in rotation with all kids
- attend a chapel or sing-a-long in chapel area once a week

Camp chores
- all kids/teens have chores around camp, but duties are limited to 2 days in rotation unless fulfilling a punishment.

Duties include:
-- kitchen patrol - cleaning up the kitchen;
-- arts and crafts - keeping arts and crafts room clean
-- gardening
-- KP for teens - cooking group meals
-- camp clean-up - picking up trash around the camp; mopping dorms and chapel area

Where to live: must have a camp on a large property (several buildings here, so we need the room to roam)

**Small plug**
I made a camp for this challenge, called "Camp Chrysalis" in the gallery; feel free to use for challenge, as a model (please give credit, thanks).

(due to my current status, I can't link yet. So have to look in gallery yourself. Look up user id bookmaster325. Thanks for dealing.)

warning: I'm still a newb at building...roofs are toughest for me at the moment. ;P Most of the stuff in build is base game so all can play (but it does have decorations from some packs. I tried to resist but some slipped in. ;D )

Camp must have following buildings/areas:
- kids and teens dorm
- chapel / auditorium area
- dining hall (includes eating area and a kitchen area)
- staff house (includes living area, small kitchenette (no fridge/heavy cooking, there's a dining hall for that), bedroom area, and bathroom (toilets/showers)
- pool area
- arts and crafts room (contains your skill objects for kids/teens to learn - example in my download)
- all furnishings are 1 level above "uncomfortable" (camp isn't made of money) ; but encouraged to upgrade all appliances,bathroom fixtures and limited electronics through handiness skill.
- a computer and tv allowed placed in the staff house to help with skill-building and money **

**may need to amend adding 1 computer (cheapest) for kids to help skill for aspiration(s). If so, placed in arts&crafts room. Kids/teens must not be allowed to do anything on it that's not skill-based; time must be limited to give all a turn. And, adults can use all things while kids at school.

Rules:
1. No cheats allowed during gameplay - exception is money cheat at beginning to fund/build camp. Subtract funds back to $1000.
2. Must have camp with specific building requirements. Extras within reason up to simmer.
3. any rule-breakers get 3 chances to "mend their ways" or face the possibility of being kicked out of camp (killing up to simmer).
4. completing aspirations/goals; all kids and teens must should complete theirs; anything extra is a cause for celebration/promotion.
5. All camp eats at assigned meal times (breakfast/lunch/dinner); Counselors can also have kitchenette area in staff house for hunger emergencies but no cooked meals beyond microwaved.
6. All camp has a"sing-a-long" chapel day. Gathering all in the chapel area and are entertained with the mic and / or instruments.
7. Traveling off-site is generally not permitted. However, may have a group outing with everyone in tow on weekend time (encouraged).
8. You play until camp session(s) end. All sims have normal lifespans (not long life). Keep in mind, camp usually lasts around a month up to 3 months in real life (any longer and parents may sue your camp to ruin for stealing their kids - lol).

Scoring
Basically a pass/fail type deal. It's about getting your kids to learn something and getting along with others. If you need more...let's see. I'll give you a 100 points for attempting the challenge *Grin*.
Any triumphs (completed aspirations/"A" grades), add 10 points per sim. Any rulebreakers, -5 points per broken rule. -5 points for fires. +3 points for sims that go above and beyond (like a sim putting out a fire). -25 points for kids forced out of camp or death. -10 points for an unpaid bill (not sure what bills will cost with my current camp. Please inform if you use, thanks). -75 points for using cheats beyond setup.

What do you think? Keep in mind, I've created this challenge for TS4. Adaptation for other versions will have to be up to you/community. I'm not sure at the moment what I'm missing, but please give me a friendly shout for all suggestions, etc. Thanks!
Don't anger the fruit. It may make her toot (at you). ;)

Comments

• Options
    Nicarra60Nicarra60 Posts: 2,916 Member
    I would suggest that you play test it for a little, and update this thread with reports on how it's going. It's generally nice to see how a challenge plays out.

How would you expect kids to be rule breakers? Are you controlling all the sims in the camp or just the counselors?
    My Sim Story blogs -- Hi Mum, It's Sammy || WA with the Grants || Art flows through || Sims Short Stories (Adult content warning)
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    I'm kind of doing this in a very loose way in Cathy Tea's Animal Hat Summer Camp! It's very fun--I'm mostly just playing it loose like an ISBI with the kids on autonomous most of the time.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    > @Nicarra60 said:
    > I would suggest that you play test it for a little, and update this thread with reports on how it's going. It's generally nice to see how a challenge plays out.

nods understanding.
    >
    > How would you expect kids to be rule breakers? Are you controlling all the sims in the camp or just the counselors?
    I'm not sure, but I've left the room on my sims before and the ones I left nearly come to blows (almost had a divorce happen) and have had others doing the opposite of what they've been told to do or not doing it at all. Perhaps I'm overthinking or just have had really bad sims? lol
  • Options
    fyi, in case anyone is wondering...I've not given up here. I did get in to "try" things. My first big thought was the door lock mod would be most helpful in this challenge. Else, it's really hard to control things (and it's hard enough as it is). Unfortunately for me, I've to re-download the mod here and dear modthesims.info is having issues since the move, so it could be a bit. Oops.
  • Options
    > @PearLady said: ps. I think I forgot to say "thank you" above for the feedback, but I was thinking it!
    >