Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create a World new version?

Hi guys!

I just bought The Sims 3 (I know it is 2015, but I usually don't buy games right after their street release) and I just downloaded the beta for Create a World, which I think would be really fascinating to tinker around with. But just when I was about to open the program, it gave me an error message that said, "Can't find Sims 3 game data. Create-a-World beta may not function properly." Everything was updated, I reinstalled CaW, same message. But after I installed a patch, it then said that the beta no longer works and that I need to install the "newer" version of CaW. But the only Google searches I could find only lead me to the beta, which I don't want. How do I install the latest version of CaW so I can have fun creating worlds? I want to use my creativity so badly, I don't want to have to use the pre-loaded worlds.

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited June 2015
    Hi :)

Welcome to CAW and TS3!

Yes, CAW is very patch sensitive. If you didn't patch than it wouldn't and now that you have you'll probably have to uninstall CAW and reinstall it. You won't have to redownload... it's up to the latest patch.
    There is Only the Beta version.

You should set it up to Run as administrator ever time it opens. :)

Is your game the "Go Social" version? EIG doesn't work with Go Social and I believe those are the only ones sold now.
  • Options
    AvantGardeSimAvantGardeSim Posts: 6 New Member
    Nothing's happening. I reinstalled it and all I get is "Your currently installed version of the game is not compatible with CaW. You must reinstall CaW. First, back up your world files (which I haven't created) and uninstall CaW. Then, download the new version of CaW and install the new version."
  • Options
    Anyone? I'm not sure how to fix this. I hope it's not irreparable.
  • Options
    auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    If you have a steam version of the sims 3 Caw won't work with it, but I think there is a workaround for it. Check out these threads:
    Create A World - CAW not running? CAW running slowly? Updated as needed by Simsample @ MTS
    Steam installation, and Caw by LittleMinxUndr @ ts3tutorials

If you have a CD, or a digital download from EA, check to see what version it is. Look down in the lower left hand corner of the launcher. The current version that is compatible with caw is 1.67
  • Options
    Oh. Mine is 1.0.631.0001. I'm not sure if that's good or how to update to 1.67.
  • Options
    auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited June 2015
    Click on the "Game Updates" tab on the launcher, and click "Update Now". Mine's up to date so it's greyed out, but yours shouldn't be.

A260zlF.jpg
  • Options
    It says that it is already up to date, and the Update Now button's disabled. Now what?
  • Options
    RRArtieRRArtie Posts: 204 Member
    edited June 2015
    It says that it is already up to date, and the Update Now button's disabled. Now what?

I had that happen to me on a recent reinstall due to a computer blow-up. In the technical support thread there is a pointer to the latest patch called TS3_1.67.2.0240xx_update.exe. This is a mega patch that gets you to 1.67 no matter where you are.
    Here is the address for the super patch and instructions.
    https://help.ea.com/article/the-sims-3-super-patcher
    Post edited by RRArtie on
  • Options
    br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member

Try getting the superpatcher.
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
  • Options
    Mrknowitall526Mrknowitall526 Posts: 386 Member
    There's a nice patch downloader at MTS that checks each individual game update. I thought I had super-patched and had some issues ... downloaded that program and it checked each of my game versions and they were not all updated -- but it downloaded all the correct ones for me! It was really odd, because I'd done the super patch several times in a row because my Launcher updates never completed properly.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    It's working now! The superpatcher did the trick! Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    lightwayvezSimlightwayvezSim Posts: 1 New Member
    Updates have completely eliminated the opportunity to "update" from main window which is now redesigned and I cannot run caw what so ever is this intended to force and comply to the lesser Sim 4 version ?
  • Options
    kenso474kenso474 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited January 2016
  • Options
    deadhaus123deadhaus123 Posts: 475 Member
    Don't know; I would never knowingly install the "update" seems like pure garbage thus far...
    [img][/img]UjBiOYQ.jpg