Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anyone done the Serial Romantic Aspiration yet?

This is the first time I am even attempting to play this aspiration. At this point, this sim is up to two boyfriends.
10931093_479691302181170_3607348222897566276_o.jpg
The two guys she is involved with is Don Lothario, and Johnny Zest. She has noticed another fella by the name of J Huntingtion lll, jogging through her neighborhood, but she hasn't gotten the opportunity to meet up with him yet. She is working on a third guy, I think his name is Adam, he is newly spawned.

I'm afraid that the more guys she takes in with her charms, the more chances she will get busted. I am keeping all her dating at home, so not to have any awkward moments, if you know what I mean. The last time I attempted something like this, my sims kept getting busted (this was in TS3). I just hope once she starts to juggle more and more, that I, her player, can try to remember who's who on the lot at the same time as she is.

Has anyone completed this aspiration yet?

Comments

• Options
    mushplomplommushplomplom Posts: 760 Member
    edited June 2015
    I have completed this. Just continue to have all your dates in your house and never go out :). It is also easier than in Sims 3 because you can just focus on one lot.
    I bought a GTX 1070 to play Sims 4.

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Yeah, you won't get busted if you are single and date at home, and all you have to do is take your potentials into another room in a community lot to flirt if you are out. Once you get the players trait on her by finishing it she won't cause jealousy with her actions... course whoever is flirting with her later might get busted.
    I do this aspiration usually first or second on any young adult characters I want to keep not just because it is fun to me, but because it's not that hard and I don't want jealousy later.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    Yeah, when I did that aspiration I did the dates at home. It requires you to eventually date like 8 sims and kiss 10 I think, so it is best to have the dates at home to avoid running into your other bfs/gfs because the chances of that happening are pretty good. Also - I would suggest that you not break up with any of them until the aspiration is complete. Makes it easier not to have to build up a relationship with someone new because you can re-use sims for some of the milestones (like, it counted as 1 of the 10 sim kiss requirements when my sim kissed already-existing gfs that he hadn't kissed since starting that milestone).
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• Options
    Yeah, when I did that aspiration I did the dates at home. It requires you to eventually date like 8 sims and kiss 10 I think, so it is best to have the dates at home to avoid running into your other bfs/gfs because the chances of that happening are pretty good. Also - I would suggest that you not break up with any of them until the aspiration is complete. Makes it easier not to have to build up a relationship with someone new because you can re-use sims for some of the milestones (like, it counted as 1 of the 10 sim kiss requirements when my sim kissed already-existing gfs that he hadn't kissed since starting that milestone).

Kind of off topic but you can have such high relations if you like to do multiple aspirations, friend of the world is a good follow up for the romantic one.

egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Kind of off topic but you can have such high relations if you like to do multiple aspirations, friend of the world is a good follow up for the romantic one.

Yeah, since they both require maxing charisma (if I'm not mistaken) they're great to do at the same time or back to back.

I stopped trying to do multiple aspirations at once unless I'm on a single sim, because I'll find myself doing something I need to do for the aspiration and realizing I had another aspiration selected so I have to do whatever it was again. :unamused: But that's just me being derpy.
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• Options
    SommoreButtaSommoreButta Posts: 489 Member
    I'm so family oriented in my game that I can't get pass the first relationship. I feel terrible and can't go along with the aspiration. Silly me! They'll get married to make me feel content.
    sdaomhlfplv5.png Bestie's In Sim Form
  • Options
    Hermitgirl wrote: »

Yeah, since they both require maxing charisma (if I'm not mistaken) they're great to do at the same time or back to back.

I stopped trying to do multiple aspirations at once unless I'm on a single sim, because I'll find myself doing something I need to do for the aspiration and realizing I had another aspiration selected so I have to do whatever it was again. :unamused: But that's just me being derpy.

Yeah I like to do it that way too.. on a young single. Either Romantic, Creative (one of them) or Athletic. I get the traits I want and those aspirations out of the way and move on to Soul Mate last when I pair them up. Then they can work on something with a career maybe. I personally don't like the wealthy aspirations much but just found out if you have really made it and move your sim into a huge house. It pretty much dings off right away lol.

egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Be daring: Have a date at the gym.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    Thursday10pmThursday10pm Posts: 193 Member
    For the kiss 10 sims part I usually send them to the park to meet random strangers lol
  • Options
    rodneyclintrodneyclint Posts: 496 Member
    edited June 2015
    If you ever get bored of dating at home you can also try lounges, as only elders and a few adults frequent there. I would always go to the Solar Lounge and never saw anyone of young adult age. I recently just completed that aspiration, actually did Friend of the World first. Now I moved that Sim on to the music aspiration using the guitar.
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I did it not too long ago and had a lot of fun with it. My sim had four girlfriends, and four boyfriends before I got bored. No one seemed to be jealous until one time where she woohooed with a boyfriend and a girlfriend walked into the bedroom. Gotta make sure you check those locks, lol!
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I completed it once, I think, and my female Sim used to date all her boyfriends at home. It seemed easier that way. ;)
  • Options
    I've done with
    < this sim because she's a dirty player.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    When I did this aspiration my Sims had public dates. Some Sims react differently but it was fun to see what happened. Some people say Sims do not react or get jealous and that is true sometimes. I think it depends on traits. My Sims tend to get jealous a lot. My Sim would get into a fight if I let it escalate.

Having dates at home is not 100% safe either. Once my Sim became romantically involved the Sims would show up and stand by the front door. Might as well let them in. It's fun with the right Sims. lol
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'd take my Sims out on dates and one of Sim's other "targets" would catch him kissing someone else and get jealous, but a lot of sweet talk and other romantic interactions usually smoothed things over. My Sim ended up having kids with 13 different women before I deleted that save because I got bored, and it was hard for my younger Sims to find romantic partners because they were related to everyone else in town. :|
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    bberger1bberger1 Posts: 99 Member
    how do you "have had 8 bfs or gfs"? when looking at the people he knows he has like 5 gfs but its not saying that under the aspiration tab..
  • Options
    Are you sure they are actually boyfriend/girlfriend and not just lovers or soulmates. Like you clicked the "ask to be girlfriend" option in the Romance interactions?
  • Options
    bberger1bberger1 Posts: 99 Member
    yes. the little notification came up saying they were boyfriend/girlfriend.
  • Options
    Hmmm, it maybe glitched, that's happened to me before with other aspirations. I could never find a fix other than using the Aspiration cheat unfortunately, maybe someone else has found another way.
  • Options
    AmyDamesAmyDames Posts: 353 Member
    Yep I've completed it, my sim has started a commune for all his lovers to live in harmony with him, lol. The reward trait takes away all the worry of jealousy