Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Time and day of the week on world maps?

Many times I have loaded a household only to find the Sims standing in front of their house with work/school in the red, and no way to reverse the damage. I've learned to back out without saving.

If the time and day of the week was seen on the world maps, I would know not to enter a household with children on a weekday at 11 AM.

Is it possible to do this? :)

Comments

• Options
    kaichen04kaichen04 Posts: 376 Member
    If it's Monday 11 am, it will be Monday 11 am in every single lot in your game. It's always going to be the same time you left the last lot you played. It's not like The Sims 2 where time progressed separately from lot to lot.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,409 Member
    Thanks for posting this! It often happens that I don't pay attention or simply forget what time I left when I last played. The time being same for everyone is the exact reason why it would be cool to see it on the world maps :)
  • Options
    have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    kaichen04 wrote: »
    If it's Monday 11 am, it will be Monday 11 am in every single lot in your game. It's always going to be the same time you left the last lot you played. It's not like The Sims 2 where time progressed separately from lot
    Thanks for posting this! It often happens that I don't pay attention or simply forget what time I left when I last played. The time being same for everyone is the exact reason why it would be cool to see it on the world maps :)

Well said! :)
  • Options
    have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    Sorry, that didn't work out right. I quoted kaichen04 and basically wrote the same thing luimistelija wrote. So I erased what I wrote and quoted luimistelija to say Well said! :)
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    It could still be interesting to have the current neighboorhood time/day visible when you're in the neighboorhood view.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    That's why I always go Sunday AM to Sunday AM when rotating. Only a handful of career levels start between 6 & 8 AM on Sunday.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Guys I have the worst memory ever, and I would find this Very Useful to see on the map when I'm getting back to my game after work, after sleep, after whatever. I really do forget what time it was between play jags.

I actually put the bug in @have2admit 's ear about posting this here in Ideas.

Here's that ME TOO I promised! B)
  • Options
    kaichen04kaichen04 Posts: 376 Member
    Now that I understood it better, I say it would be a welcome addition.