The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Roofing Problems - Base Uneven

I'm having trouble building even simple square/rectangular roofs. It keeps saying that the base is uneven. The ground is flat. The building is basically a rectangle. Any ideas? I don't want to use auto roof, because it keeps coming out looking funny.

Comments

• Options
    kipperfan01kipperfan01 Posts: 152 Member
    edited June 2009
    Are you sure you flattened your lot completely, I thought I did once and there was one tiny spot that was raised. Other than that I don't know why it would be doing that.
  • Options
    SullySully Posts: 750 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, the lots are pretty uneven when you get them. Go to the build menu and flatten the lot first.
  • Options
    Naomi783Naomi783 Posts: 51 Member
    edited June 2009
    I didn't flatten it myself, but it sure looked flat. But now that I have a house on it, I can't flatten it right?
  • Options
    Noctivagus01Noctivagus01 Posts: 50 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm not sure how or if this relates, but I had that error pop up when I was trying to put a deck in on one of my homes. I leveled terrain maybe twenty times but kept getting the same error. Then I deleted the doors I'd installed and cleared the tiles placed automatically, and that allowed me to complete the deck. After that, I reinstalled the doors. Do you have something that is adding any sort of tiles? A column, maybe, that has a decorated tile? Try sledgehammering them if you do and see if that that doesn't fix the problem.
  • Options
    Naomi783Naomi783 Posts: 51 Member
    edited June 2009
    I honestly don't think leveling the terrain will help. Sometimes I can get it to place and then other times get the error on the same part of the house. It's very frustrating.
  • Options
    SullySully Posts: 750 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Well make sure the room is closed, for one. If it still gives you this message, try zooming in real close. And start at the corners. If it helps, try using the auto-roof feature.
  • Options
    CirceCalypsoCirceCalypso Posts: 1 New Member
    Encountered this error recently. I tried adjusting the wall height to max and then added the roof, no issues. I then reverted back to my desired wall height. problem solved :)
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited March 2020
    Inb4 the lock but to anyone still having this issue: type constrainfloorelevation false into the cheats console, go to terrain tools, and level the top of your house. Type constrainfloorelevation true to go back to normal again. Even lots that look flat can be slightly uneven and putting down walls won't level it (I was having trouble in Bridgeport with that).
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top