Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I turn off custom content?

I want to try my game without CC temporarily to see if it runs better, but I want to keep the CC that I have...please let me know...

Comments

• Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited October 2010
    One of two ways.

1. Remove mods folder from game files to desktop. Delete cache files CASpartcache, CompositerCache, ScriptCache, simCompositerCache in documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3. Start game as normal. Replace mods folder where you moved them to when you're done.

2. Run launcher, tick box run without custom content in installed content, delete above cache files, hit play button, untick box when done.

Sorry for my tone. I just woke up and am not at my best. Hope I helped.
  • Options
    CarysL81CarysL81 Posts: 29 New Member
    @Arletta / @imupinatree2 Any ideas on how to turn it back on? I'm playing on a Mac and the box in launcher isn't ticked, I've tried installing it all again through my launcher but it's just not working - I'm on thin black ice with EA tonight!
  • Options
    AshpeefAshpeef Posts: 173 Member
    The Launcher is real a piece of. One of the known problems is this tick box: sometimes it is necessary to repeatedly place and remove the tick before the program finally is prepared to listen…
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,924 Member
    Rename the Sims 3 folder that is in My Documents\Electronic Arts

Launch a fresh game. It will make a new empty Sims 3 folder and you won't have anything installed. The only content you'll have in your game will be what came with the Expansions and Stuff Packs you have installed plus the Base Game objects.