Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help with aging of entire town?!

CarysL81CarysL81 Posts: 29 New Member
edited May 2015 in The Sims 3 Mac Discussion
Hi all,

I am running an up-to-date and patched version of TS3 on my MacBook. My game was working okay(ish) until just recently when my toddler wouldn't age up. I tried EVERYTHING - testingcheatsenabled true > trigger age transition (the camera focusses on the sim but then nothing happens), I've tried using the same cheat to edit sim (just keeps loading and loading, I never get anywhere with it!!), to moving my family to a different town (doesn't work), running my game without CC (doesn't work), sending my sims on vacation (doesn't work), fiddling around with turning ageing on/off (doesn't work - T.N I play with the ageing on, I've never messed around with any of that)... I just can't think what else to do! It's so frustrating because I never ever had any problems that I wasn't able to fix on my own before upgrading to a Mac - it's made me so annoyed because my Mac is awesome and I wouldn't ever go back to Windows but it's sad that I'll have to sacrifice my favourite game. And don't even get me started on TS4 - I'm not wasting £50 when EA can't even be bothered to get their other games in working order!!

Any help would be SO appreciated!

Thanks
Post edited by CarysL81 on

Comments

• Options
    AshpeefAshpeef Posts: 173 Member
    1) Try creating a new game/family and see if they can age up normally. If that works, probably your non-aging save game is corrupted somehow and your only hope is to fall back to a previous save. (BTW: save often and always use Save as, don't use Save or Save and Quit as those will at (according to Murphy: the worst possible) times kill your game by not functioning while still removing your old file, for instance with the Error 12.)

2) If you're unsatisfied with the performance of The Sims on your Mac, you could consider using BootCamp to play the game in Windows. Because you recently migrated from Windows to Mac, you'll still have a valid license to the Windows OS, so it won't cost you a penny. And you will know how to wrangle Windows to let it behave itself better than most of us Mac users. :)

3) Have a thorough look at the first page of the first (stickied) post on the Mac Forum. There's a wealth of advice on playing The Sims pleasantly on a Mac to be found there: a-mac-users-best-friend-please-read-before-posting-any-new-problem-threads