Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are the odds for twins and triplets?

I was trying out some sort of 100 baby challenge with a patriarch instead, just to see how it could be, and his first ten pregnant girls had: twins, twins, twins, one girl, triplet, twins, twins, one girl, twins, one boy.
Now, is it just me, am I the "lucky" one or are the odds for this kind of pregnancies really high?
KEBB11a.png
Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor

Comments

• Options
    StrangerthanStrangerthan Posts: 345 Member
    I heard the chance of twins and triplets increases when the pregnant person is in a unplayed/not in play household. By, like, a lot. I don't know if it's a glitch or a mistake or anything. When the pregnancy is in a household you are actively playing it seems to be more like it should.
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    It must be that, because the eleventh pregnancy was again triplets lol
    ALL THEM KIDS
    KEBB11a.png
  • Options
    MunchyMunchy Posts: 513 Member
    I have been hoping to get twins or triplets! Unfortunately, I have a constant max household of 8. :unamused:
  • Options
    The first pregnancy I've ever tried in this game turned out to be twins. As the second one. And it was still December btw. I got really surprised at that time, but then there was that bug that increased the chances for twins, so I never tried again in fear of getting them and filling my household :D
    Now that I've tried for babies again I had one new baby girl. I thought that the chances lowered once more, but trying that 100 baby thing with a patriarch scared the hell out of me. The good thing is that the unplayed girl calls you to inform what she had, at least.
    KEBB11a.png
  • Options
    Simmer_RaySimmer_Ray Posts: 534 Member
    yes after i started a new family when i got GTW cause i wanted my guy sims to be a alien he got abducted and end up have twin boys for the first time so idk if the rate is glitch or it just something we are doing and not knowing and i like the twins in the sims 4 better then the others cause my sons came out looking exactly alike you wouldn't be able to tell the different at all i think the other day i sent them to the wrong rooms i was so confused
    6d857729b5cf50b45c3a0cb8a112146f.gif
  • Options
    The rate seems pretty high to me by now, but I don't know if it's like this for everyone :smile:
    I've yet to see identical twins tho', because I've always had a boy and a girl at a time, and they look very different from each other ^^
    KEBB11a.png
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    98% Twins, 2% single baby
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    MissBMissB Posts: 323 Member
    Yes, I believe there is a glitch that is not being fixed. It has been going on for months now. Unplayed sims get twins or triplets constantly. The only single births I had from unplayed sims were when the family already had 7 members. Your 100 baby challenge will be quite easy, you'll only need to get 40 or 50 pregnancies!
    Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go play sims.
  • Options
    staravia81staravia81 Posts: 369 Member
    Yeah - the multiple baby glitch is still there. I generally get twins or triplets if labor happens when I'm not playing the household. If it's my active household, single baby. I end up deleting the extras most of the time.
    My builds!
    EA ID: staravia81
  • Options
    verascrambleverascramble Posts: 9 New Member
    it is not the otherday i got triplets
  • Options
    ZxujZxuj Posts: 233 Member
    Go to another household right before the sim gives birth will give you twins been happening to me.
    For Custom Content Free sims and lots look for me: Zxuj in the gallery
  • Options
    lovely_bridelovely_bride Posts: 93 Member
    It's a glitch that EA needs to fix, don't know why they haven't yet