Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC

I cannot figure out how to install .package files any help?

Comments

• Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Here's an illustrated tutorial on how to set up the mod framework required from .package files. The download for the framework is also on that page. That's how I learned how to install .package files.

Once you install the framework you just place the package files in your new The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder.

There are also youtube videos that show you step by step what to do. I don't have any specific recommendations though. Other people might recommend some but you can always search yourself.
  • Options
    Fergie7818Fergie7818 Posts: 42 Member
    I used that i didnt work but thxs though
  • Options
    the only cc i can download is sims3pack
  • Options
    Fergie7818 wrote: »
    I used that i didnt work but thxs though

How did it not work? That's what i use. Most package files come zipped, did you unzip the CC first? When you installed the framework did the intro movies stop? The framework download includes 2 mods which make it easy to see if you've installed first, one is the no intro movies mod. If you are still getting the intro movies then the framework is not installed properly. If the game launches without the intro movies then you've installed the framework correctly and perhaps there's something wrong with the package file?
  • Options
    The mods work but the cc doesnt
  • Options
    A particular CC or all CC? I have lots of CC in package form (clothing, accessories, hair, tattoos). Mostly from modthesims, but from other places as well.

Are you sure the CC is for TS3? TS2 package files won't work (and will cause absurdly long load up times); I have on idea what TS4 uses.
  • Options
    it is on sims 3 and its .package fles
  • Options
    Well, since the mods work it sounds like you have the framework set up correctly. If the CC isn't working then I'd ask the creator.
  • Options
    :'( dhergf