Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get To Work and Ideas for Flowers, Drinks and Produce.

Heya. I'm having fun with the new EP, and I've only started playing with the retail part, but there's been a few things nagging me that I have a few ideas for.

1. Flowers:
I had kinda hoped that there would be more creativity with flowers and selling them in this EP, but (unless there's a way I haven't noticed yet) so far, I can only sell them one stalk at a time on a selling table.
I was thinking of an idea to place flowers in a vase or in bunches to sell better in a store. There could also be a skill that goes with this: Flower Arrangement. The skill can be boosted by inspiration and the higher the skills, the more variety of ways you can present your flowers. You can go from wrapping them in different colored parchment, to placing them in vases of different color and sizes, to all sorts of crazy innovative ways.
There can also be a interaction with flowers that can tie them up in bunches so you can sell more than just one.
I know of some games that use flowers to make perfume, too. Maybe that can be another skill on it's own, or, at least an interaction for flowers.
It doesn't have to go that far if it's not possible(though, I think that would be cool), I'd just like a better way to sell my flowers than one stalk at a time (I got like over 99 on a few flowers...I gotta sell more than just one).

2. Drinks:
No, not the bar. Those drinks sell themselves pretty well. I mean the drinks you make from the coffee/tea brewers. I can't really serve more than one in a store. And, even then, I have to make my sims serve themselves, then exit the interacting to keep them from drinking. I'm not sure if I have to wait for sims to come into my store to serve more than one drink, but either way, it's a bit annoying not being able to set up drinks before you open your store. An interaction to serve a tea set for customers would be nice.
It also got me realizing that there isn't a soda/drinking machine for sims to get their own drinks. You know, like in fast food places. Making an item like that would be a nice idea for those that don't want to man a bar or brewer.

3. Produce:
I'm not selling these yet, I'll admit, but I notice there wasn't a display for them. Some displays like the produce displays in supermarkets and small grocer stores would be nice. You can move produce in them like you can for the fridge and the display would show a lot of fruits/veggies when something was in it. The long supermarket displays can even have a water spray to keep the produce fresh. Things like that.

I really hope a Guru looks at this and if anyone else has any ideas for the subjects I've brought up, let me know by posting here. I'll be off and on the forums from time to time.

Comments

• Options
    taz47taz47 Posts: 4 New Member
    I really like these ideas, I would also love it if they made an expansion pack similar to the Sims 2 Freetime! With flower arrangement (like you said), pottery, sewing, toy-making, robot-making etc.. I feel like that would be really fun in combination with the retail aspect of Get to Work.
  • Options
    CaptainSauceCaptainSauce Posts: 73 Member
    This seems like a lot of this that would be relatively easy to introduce! Hopefully they consider this.
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    So I'm always after the idea of a farming EP. This post is just the latest in that quest. :smile:

Wouldn't it be cool if we could use the retail functionality in GTW to create farmstands? Flower arranging fits perfectly into that as does all the baking and cooking stuff. Preserving food could be added so we could sell jams, jellies, preserves and syrups. We could sell our produce. If they introduced livestock then things like cheese could be made and sold.

Ah, such a day dream!
  • Options
    QuasiattractorQuasiattractor Posts: 17 Member
    I was disappointed to find out that I can only sell one fruit, flower, etc. I'm hoping that in the near future, selling multiple items in a stack will be possible. I created a world with a central flower and produce market where all of my families can go to purchase fruits and vegetables and also a place for gardeners to gather and chat. I have been very happy with the dynamic interactions of the sims and hope that more retail opportunities and skills like sewing will be introduced. I appreciated hearing all of the comments from other Simmers on this subject. :)
  • Options
    LuvTamareLuvTamare Posts: 48 Member
    > @Sorciechan said:
    > Heya. I'm having fun with the new EP, and I've only started playing with the retail part, but there's been a few things nagging me that I have a few ideas for.
    >
    > 1. Flowers:
    > I had kinda hoped that there would be more creativity with flowers and selling them in this EP, but (unless there's a way I haven't noticed yet) so far, I can only sell them one stalk at a time on a selling table.
    > I was thinking of an idea to place flowers in a vase or in bunches to sell better in a store. There could also be a skill that goes with this: Flower Arrangement. The skill can be boosted by inspiration and the higher the skills, the more variety of ways you can present your flowers. You can go from wrapping them in different colored parchment, to placing them in vases of different color and sizes, to all sorts of crazy innovative ways.
    > There can also be a interaction with flowers that can tie them up in bunches so you can sell more than just one.
    > I know of some games that use flowers to make perfume, too. Maybe that can be another skill on it's own, or, at least an interaction for flowers.
    > It doesn't have to go that far if it's not possible(though, I think that would be cool), I'd just like a better way to sell my flowers than one stalk at a time (I got like over 99 on a few flowers...I gotta sell more than just one).
    >
    > 2. Drinks:
    > No, not the bar. Those drinks sell themselves pretty well. I mean the drinks you make from the coffee/tea brewers. I can't really serve more than one in a store. And, even then, I have to make my sims serve themselves, then exit the interacting to keep them from drinking. I'm not sure if I have to wait for sims to come into my store to serve more than one drink, but either way, it's a bit annoying not being able to set up drinks before you open your store. An interaction to serve a tea set for customers would be nice.
    > It also got me realizing that there isn't a soda/drinking machine for sims to get their own drinks. You know, like in fast food places. Making an item like that would be a nice idea for those that don't want to man a bar or brewer.
    >
    > 3. Produce:
    > I'm not selling these yet, I'll admit, but I notice there wasn't a display for them. Some displays like the produce displays in supermarkets and small grocer stores would be nice. You can move produce in them like you can for the fridge and the display would show a lot of fruits/veggies when something was in it. The long supermarket displays can even have a water spray to keep the produce fresh. Things like that.
    >
    > I really hope a Guru looks at this and if anyone else has any ideas for the subjects I've brought up, let me know by posting here. I'll be off and on the forums from time to time.

I am all about this. I hope Guru looks into this and includes it. I have a sim with a huge garden and the fridge is stocked with 99+ of each fruit and vegetable at this point, so we're good for a while. However her inventory is stocked and it would be nice if I could sell it at my retail location, but in a way that was realistic as opposed to laying one item on a counter one by one.
  • Options
    LuvTamareLuvTamare Posts: 48 Member
    @SimGuruHydra any possibilities the above suggestions can be introduced with a new patch? I love the retail aspect of GTW and would love incorporate these :) I figured it's worth a shot :)
  • Options
    Aurawyn_FaeAurawyn_Fae Posts: 39 Member
    Great ideas going on here :) I haven't bought GTW yet (still new to figuring out everything in S4) but what made me so excited about it was the idea of being able to sell produce, flowers, and herbalist goodies. I almost always play a gardener Sim and the thought of having my own Herbalist, Produce, Floral shop had be beyond excited till I started to read that it wasn't really possible. I would 100% love all these ideas to expand upon the EP!