Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where do you go for Sims 2 Mods?

take0nmetake0nme Posts: 3,682 Member
edited May 2015 in The Sims (2000)
Now that I've completely immersed myself back into the world of the sims 2, I'm tired of seeing everyone looking identical. Where do you go for your cc/mods for this game? I don't want to break the game. ><
DyFJE8G.jpg
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gallery ID : sharipants

Comments

• Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Ummm MTS, Sims resource I go for hair.. random places as long as they're trustworthy. MTS is really reliable I've gotten most of my mods, makeup and clothes there.
  • Options
    Ummm MTS, Sims resource I go for hair.. random places as long as they're trustworthy. MTS is really reliable I've gotten most of my mods, makeup and clothes there.

I'm the same way, just didn't know if there were any hidden gems i was not aware of. Thanks!
    DyFJE8G.jpg

• Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited May 2015
    I get all my stuff on Mod The Sims. They have a fantastic selection of CC and mods, and are safe to use.

Edit to add a link to Sims 2 stuff

http://modthesims.info/browse.php?gs=1
  • Options
    Mods you NEED though: ACR, Modified hair and eye genetics from MTS(so all your sims won't always have brown and black hair)
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    How do I install them? Do I create a downloads folder and put them in there?

--T
  • Options
    To7m wrote: »

--T

Just download then go to EA games --> Sims 2 UC, there should already be a downloads folder in there. Just unzip them in there. :)
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    JULES1111 wrote: »

--T

Just download then go to EA games --> Sims 2 UC, there should already be a downloads folder in there. Just unzip them in there. :)

Lovely!

Thanks m'dear!!

--T
  • Options
    JULES1111 wrote: »

--T

Lovely!

Thanks m'dear!!

--T

You are most welcome!
  • Options
    There wasn't a downloads folder for me, so just make one if there isn't :)
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I'm having an issue installing cc.

I added the downloads folder to documents/thesims2ultimatecollection and when I extract cc into it, the game shows that I have no cc installed.

Someone help. :(

I also have the settings in my game to where Ive allowed CC. I am baffled and frustrated.
    DyFJE8G.jpg

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    I'd love to add CC to my Sims 2 game... I wish someone had a mod folder up for download. Because I'm lazy. :D
  • Options
    take0nme wrote: »
    I'm having an issue installing cc.

I added the downloads folder to documents/thesims2ultimatecollection and when I extract cc into it, the game shows that I have no cc installed.

Someone help. :(

I also have the settings in my game to where Ive allowed CC. I am baffled and frustrated.

You had to make your own folder? Did you boot up the game at least once before installing CC? Did you make the downloads folder with a capital D?
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    The game doesn't make a Downloads folder unless you install a package file or open Body Shop. :)

Make sure CC is enabled in your game...
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I use ModTheSims for all my cc. My game is stuffed.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    I cannot get cc to show up in my game. PERIOD. I am beyond frustrated and just overall finished with this game if I can't even get cc to work. Where am I going wrong!?!
    DyFJE8G.jpg

• Options
    I cannot get cc to show up in my game. PERIOD. I am beyond frustrated and just overall finished with this game if I can't even get cc to work. Where am I going wrong!?!

Hi :)

What are you doing?
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »

What are you doing?
    Ugh I have done everything step by step. I started up the body shop, the downloads folder appeared and I unzipped some hair and eyebrows and nothing shows up.

Am I supposed to add anything in the downloads folder before i extract cc? I don't get it. If its so simple why can't I get it to work?
    DyFJE8G.jpg

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Rflong7 wrote: »

What are you doing?
    Ugh I have done everything step by step. I started up the body shop, the downloads folder appeared and I unzipped some hair and eyebrows and nothing shows up.

Am I supposed to add anything in the downloads folder before i extract cc? I don't get it. If its so simple why can't I get it to work?

No- as long as they're unzipped in the Downloads folder ( .package files). It's even okay to put it in folders in folders in folders in the Downloads folder.

You opened your game and Allowed CC to show through the Options?

Might Help
  • Options
    thankucatgodthankucatgod Posts: 398 Member
    edited May 2015
    I LOVE AffinitySims for CC. I just found the site recently and so far, nothing has broken my game. I recommend taking a look at some of Rebecah's creations. Everything I see from her is absolutely wonderful. I have her custom toddler foods and booster chair in my game atm.

As for mods, usually just MTS.
  • Options
    GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    Mods you NEED though: ACR, Modified hair and eye genetics from MTS(so all your sims won't always have brown and black hair)

This genetic mod has been so helpful since I downloaded it so thanks!

Anyway MTS is my to go for mods and for those who can't get CC to work: did you download the mesh too? Sometimes they're not included directly with the particular download itself.
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • Options
    peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    I go to modthesims for most of my stuff. (fakepeeps7 has great kids clothes)
    I go to The sims resrouce for a lot of my hair (Cazy has great stuff)
    Affinity sims has some great intractable objects including a working farm set (pigs, horses, ect.) look for Rebecah.
    xmsims has some good hair and it is all free.
    Insiminator especialy Squinge has some great mods for your game such as children can have sleepovers.
    Cyjon is another great place for mods. I love his more fun mod which keeps sims doing fun activities (like water balloon fights) longer, even when they max out fun
    Simological also has great mods for aging, child-raising, making apartment neighbors more fun, and more
    Padlidins Place also has some great mods and objects as well.
    Mybsims has some great hair re-textures of hairs that you can no longer find on their original sights. (have to register for free and site is in another language. Google translate is your friend.)
    sims 2 graveyard has a lot of now dead sites were you can get content. Check out pcsims_smb they have some interactable objects like a working bee hive
    Finally, peggysims and raonsims had some great hair (some were not free) but those sites are gone I think

True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • Options
    joralydjoralyd Posts: 55 Member
    @take0nme the path to your folder is important make sure you're going to
    C:\Users\you\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads

Also what cc are you adding? because some cc override the original sets like eyes and you wont notice that the cc is there.
    I took the pledge