Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 incest

I've created a family with a teenager, child and two adult parents. I checked up on them today and noticed on the relationship bar of my child sim there is a romantic interest between her and the dad. I don't know what to do about it or if I should just leave it?

Comments

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    I'm sorry you are having this issue. It's pretty common sadly and so far there doesn't seem to be a fix, unless someone else knows of one here?
  • Options
    pageybearpageybear Posts: 180 Member
    Yep it is very common. There was another thread about it. My son was a teenager and he got sad because his Dad kissed his mom and I checked and sure enough he was hot for his dad. Disgusting and I hope they fix it soon :(
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited May 2015
    It sounded like they thought they quashed this one in the May 4 patch, but if it's still happening for some people, it must have had multiple causes, which makes it harder bug to really, truly kill dead :(

FWIW, people generally don't find that the accompanying possible interactions appear - it seems to be mainly an issue in what gets displayed for the player, not in what's happening in what the game "thinks" is happening between Sims.

If you could add a report here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs (the Bugs forum that SimGurus generally direct players to) - it will help show that the bug is active, and maybe help find what's still causing it.

If you hadn't checked on them since that update, though, you might want to try a complete cache clear:
    1. Move (not copy) Saves, Tray, Mods, Screenshots, and Custom Music folders and the Options.ini file to your desktop. Delete the Scratch subfolder from inside Saves.
    2. Delete the rest of the The Sims 4 folder from your Documents > Electronic Arts folder.
    3. Start the game, and exit the game. Now you have a fresh Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 folder.
    4. Copy all the folders and the file back and start the game again.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    panda_timeloadpanda_timeload Posts: 89 Member
    Sadly, they haven't fixed it yet. I haven't had it happen to me yet, but I think that if you use the CAS cheat to change their looks, traits, or etc. then it's a higher chance? (Not the one where you shift+click, it's cas.fulleditmode I think.)
    original.gif