Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unlock Furniture and Teach Them to Dance

Please, either outright unlock the career locked furniture or provide a cheat where it can be unlocked. It's getting really tiresome to see say the perfect chair for a room only to see the little lock beside it and oh, I only need to get to LEVEL 9 of the detective career to use it and it seems like half the stuff it some areas is locked! I don't mind "goal" based play, necessarily, but this is messing with stuff too much. First and foremost the Sims should act as a sandbox and waiting until reaching an upper level of a particular job before being able to use a chair is pointless.

AND for the love of Sixam teach them to dance. I don't even want to select the dance option anymore because they look ridiculous standing there barely moving their hands and arms like a gawky, shy, just cut from the apron strings, 13 year old at his/her first dance.

Oh, and one mote thing, sorry but since I'm venting, the sporting event reaction to deciding to go woohoo is a bit much. I mean, that sort of reaction is great when say you've got two insecure heterosexual males who've downed a bunch of juice and are going to go skinny dipping in the pool followed by a hazy "experience" afterward, that they can plausibly deny in morning as not remembering but for the general world that's not really how "woohooing" goes. Maybe find someone who has woohooed in the past and preferably still woohoos (like not a monk- monks would not be a good choice here) and have them consult regarding future "adult" sim interaction options.

No thanks necessary, you're welcome. I am always happy to plum.

Comments

• Options
    MaddygrifMaddygrif Posts: 6 New Member
    There already is a cheat to unlock the career items, it's: bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement
    As for the dancing, I think it could be less awkward too. :)
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Maddygrif wrote: »
    There already is a cheat to unlock the career items, it's: bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement
    As for the dancing, I think it could be less awkward too. :)

Thank-you so much for the cheat! Most of my post was tongue in cheek BUT not being able to use certain furniture was driving me CRAZY!