Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

2 Really Strange Glitches

Hi. So recently my family was getting too big for their home and I decided to move the younger generation away from Sunset Valley. They've been in hidden springs about 7 days now. Just to get a picture of the family itself, my main sim, Guy, is an adult male and the emperor of evil (that may or may not be relevant to my problem). He brought his wife, Tiffany and teenage son, William. We moved in to a middle class house with a cabin for inlaws since we do have inlaws living with us. Guy's twin sister Vita married Marlon Keaton, the son of Marty Keaton back in sunset valley who also works as a bagman for Guy. Guy is a three star celebrity and Marlon and Vita are four star celebrities. Now it seems as if there is a false rumor about Guy because every time he talks to someone, they are about 10x as likely to respond negatively. Even his wife barely likes him anymore and won't flirt with guy at all. He can make no friends because the dislike meter moves faster than the like meter. I thought there was a false accusation against him...but city hall and the journalists office have no options for me to click on! Is this a side effect of his career choice, emperor of evil, or a bug anyone knows how to fix? Thank you.

The second glitch is worse. I save every few minutes because I fear the dreaded error 12...however, every few times I start the game, when Guy hangs out with Vita he gets a positive moodlet for "attractive company". Or worse, starts hitting on her! At this point the family tree 'breaks' and only recognizes Guy's relation to his son and wife and not Vita and Marlon. The relationship bar stays the same but the family tree breaks down. Does this have anything to do with error 12 and what can I do? Sadly I saved the game once the attractive company moodlet showed up and now my sims no longer know they're related. Lastly, does anyone know if I move the family back to sunset valley if they will "keep" their family relation to their cousins and family? Thank you! Let me know if anything can be done!

My Sims 3 version is 1.67.2.024017 and I have UL, LN, Generations, Seasons, Pets, and WA. I just installed WA which I know can be buggy but the glitches showed up before WA was installed. I play with no mods on OS X 10.9.5. Any help is appreciated because as is I need to start my family over every few days... Thank you so much.

Comments

• Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    AshpeefAshpeef Posts: 173 Member
    There's Evil enough IRL so I never played anything like what you described. :p Consequently I can't answer your main questions.
    However I do know the whole Celeb-business and accompanying (false) rumours are so error prone, I decided to opt out of the celebrity system for all my families a long time ago. In fact, as soon as EA made it possible.

As to your side question: EA decided keeping track of family relations across different worlds would be to memory intensive. So whenever you move to a new world all ties are lost.
    If you are prepared to use mods there is a solution within the NRaas suite. Though I fear it won't help you now, because you have to ensure keeping the ties before you move and you already did the jump.
    NRaas has a good Wiki that explains all about their functions and how to use those, and of course DL links. NRaas mods are the only ones I (dare) use. Actually, they provide automatic clean up functions during play that may well save you from the dreaded error 12!
  • Options
    OriginDocOriginDoc Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Ashpeef said:
    > There's Evil enough IRL so I never played anything like what you described. :p Consequently I can't answer your main questions.
    > However I do know the whole Celeb-business and accompanying (false) rumours are so error prone, I decided to opt out of the celebrity system for all my families a long time ago. In fact, as soon as EA made it possible.
    >
    > As to your side question: EA decided keeping track of family relations across different worlds would be to memory intensive. So whenever you move to a new world all ties are lost.
    > If you are prepared to use mods there is a solution within the NRaas suite. Though I fear it won't help you now, because you have to ensure keeping the ties before you move and you already did the jump.
    > NRaas has a good Wiki that explains all about their functions and how to use those, and of course DL links. NRaas mods are the only ones I (dare) use. Actually, they provide automatic clean up functions during play that may well save you from the dreaded error 12!

Lol, funny enough I never had the false rumors glitch before I turned (back) on my celebrity system. Maybe disabling it will do something :p If it helps ive been getting some error 12s recently, too!
    Ive been lazy about mods because on a mac its extra steps but yeah i sure will. To be honest I haven't played too far in the new town so I can switch back to the old save and download the nraas suite. Back then of course my sims werent kissing each other :/
    I read all the stickies btw. Thanks for your help so far.
  • Options
    tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    Error 12s are often memory-related. I purge RAM constantly, and as soon as my game is using 2.5 G, I know I'm at risk for error 12 and call it quits. I purge RAM, go to a lot where there is next to nothing for the game to render, and then save. And then I quit. There are supposed to be ways to get around error 12, like deleting the bad save file and then trying again, or saving as, but those solutions only worked for me one time each.
  • Options
    CrystalMiner2364CrystalMiner2364 Posts: 54 Member
    I have a strange glitch, too!!!

Randomly Sims get a PITCH BLACK colored face, and I can't fix it :/ Im on Mac, too, version, (computer not Sims) 10.6.8.
  • Options
    Which Mac do you use?
  • Options
    > @tamalinn said:
    > Which Mac do you use?

Mac OS X 10.6.8

It's an old fart I know :P we're gonna get a new one soon (hopefully)
  • Options
    > @OriginDoc said:
    > Hi. So recently my family was getting too big for their home and I decided to move the younger generation away from Sunset Valley. They've been in hidden springs about 7 days now. Just to get a picture of the family itself, my main sim, Guy, is an adult male and the emperor of evil (that may or may not be relevant to my problem). He brought his wife, Tiffany and teenage son, William. We moved in to a middle class house with a cabin for inlaws since we do have inlaws living with us. Guy's twin sister Vita married Marlon Keaton, the son of Marty Keaton back in sunset valley who also works as a bagman for Guy. Guy is a three star celebrity and Marlon and Vita are four star celebrities. Now it seems as if there is a false rumor about Guy because every time he talks to someone, they are about 10x as likely to respond negatively. Even his wife barely likes him anymore and won't flirt with guy at all. He can make no friends because the dislike meter moves faster than the like meter. I thought there was a false accusation against him...but city hall and the journalists office have no options for me to click on! Is this a side effect of his career choice, emperor of evil, or a bug anyone knows how to fix? Thank you.
    >
    > The second glitch is worse. I save every few minutes because I fear the dreaded error 12...however, every few times I start the game, when Guy hangs out with Vita he gets a positive moodlet for "attractive company". Or worse, starts hitting on her! At this point the family tree 'breaks' and only recognizes Guy's relation to his son and wife and not Vita and Marlon. The relationship bar stays the same but the family tree breaks down. Does this have anything to do with error 12 and what can I do? Sadly I saved the game once the attractive company moodlet showed up and now my sims no longer know they're related. Lastly, does anyone know if I move the family back to sunset valley if they will "keep" their family relation to their cousins and family? Thank you! Let me know if anything can be done!
    >
    > My Sims 3 version is 1.67.2.024017 and I have UL, LN, Generations, Seasons, Pets, and WA. I just installed WA which I know can be buggy but the glitches showed up before WA was installed. I play with no mods on OS X 10.9.5. Any help is appreciated because as is I need to start my family over every few days... Thank you so much.
    >

I made a blog post and it may help you ;)

Search up "Crystal's Sims 3 Tips 'n' Tricks" blog and find the post about glitches, (sorry too new to post links!! :( )
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    > @tamalinn said:
    > Which Mac do you use?

Mac OS X 10.6.8

It's an old fart I know :P we're gonna get a new one soon (hopefully)

I asked which Mac you use. Telling me your OS doesn't help. For example: My OS is 10.9.5. From that information, what can you tell me about my Mac? Absolutely nothing, right? Am I using a MacBook Air? A MacBook Pro? An iMac? A MacBook? What's my RAM? What's my graphics card? What's my processor? etc.

Do you know how to find this information?
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    @CrystalMiner2364 have you read the help thread stickied at the top of this forum? It tells you how to find the information @Tamalinn is asking you for. Also, Nraas Errortrap and Overwatch mods are invaluable to help with niggles in the game:

http://nraas.wikispaces.com

Time to Mod up!
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    I have a strange glitch, too!!!

Randomly Sims get a PITCH BLACK colored face, and I can't fix it :/ Im on Mac, too, version, (computer not Sims) 10.6.8.

It is yonks since I played Sims 3 but I seem to remember that the pitch black sims meant they were missing skin. Perhaps you removed some custom content skin or maybe the game is just being silly. Taking them to CAS and choosing a new skin tone fixed them up. You probably need mods to be able to do that though. I used a lot of the NRAAS mods and would happily recommend them.